Chapter Three - Boyfriend?

En başından başla

"Jamie?"

"Yeah?"

"You think maybe you would wanna come eat lunch with me tomorrow during my lunch break at the school?" I ask. Jamie smiles.

"Um, sure. Yeah. I could pick us up some Chinese takeout on the way over,"

"Sounds great. I'll see you at noon tomorrow then," I say. Jamie nods.

"Got it. Noon tomorrow. See you then,"

Jamie's POV
When I get in the passenger seat of Trevor's car, I silently cheer to myself. I may not be going out on an official date with Elle, but it's close. Trevor is sitting next to me in the driver's seat and he gives me a weird look.

"What's got you so excited?" He asks as he takes a sip from his bottle of water.

"Elle asked me if I wanted to have lunch with her tomorrow. I'm bringing Chinese takeout to the school during her lunch break but it's a start, right?" I explain. Trevor shrugs.

"I guess. You know, you should come by a little early to see her while she's working. It might give you some more time with her,"

"I don't think that's a good idea, Z. She's a teacher. I don't think she'd be very happy if I got there early," I say. Trevor rolls his eyes.

"Oh come on, Jamie. Just do it. I'm sure she'll love it,"

"Fine. I'll do it, but if she gets mad at me, I'm blaming you." I threaten.

"Okay. You can tell her it's my fault you came early if she gets pissed. I don't really care," Trevor says.

I mull it over in my head and decide that I might as well come see Elle a little early tomorrow. The worse that could happen is that she yells at me.

Elle's POV
The next day, I'm in the middle of teaching my students easy addition problems when I hear someone knock at my door. I assume another teacher or the principal is at my door, but I look up to find Jamie waving at me.

"Keep working on your math problems, kids, while I talk to who's outside." I say.

I open the door and close it behind me before Jamie can go inside.

"Jamie, what are you doing here?" I hiss angrily. Jamie shrugs.

"We're having lunch together, remember? I brought Chinese food,"

"I know, but why are you here so early?" I ask.

"I was in the area and figured I'd just come early. There's no crime in that," Jamie replies with a shrug. I sigh.

"Well, I'm still teaching and you're distracting my students. How'd you get in without me being there anyways?"

"The front desk lady's a huge Ducks fan and she knew who I was," Jamie answers.

I shut my eyes, mentally cursing myself for forgetting that our front desk lady, Karen, loved the Anaheim Ducks.

"And what would you have done if she wasn't a Ducks fan? Tell her I was your girlfriend?" I ask. Jamie shrugs.

"I mean, that was going to be my first option until she noticed that I played for the Ducks."

I want to stay mad at Jamie, but I can't. While I've been trying to fight off the attraction I have towards Jamie, a tiny voice in the back of my head right now is telling me that he's too cute to stay mad at and I shouldn't yell at him anymore.

"You are too cute, Jamie Drysdale." I say, shaking my head. I almost begin laughing at the dumbstruck look on his face at what I just said to him. "Come on in to my room. The kids probably want to meet you,"