o. OH, SILAS

PROLOGUE
oh, silas

"AND SILAS, OH, SILAS," Oliver let out a breathy chuckle. "Lovely, lovely Silas... he embodied everything one could desire," he mused, savoring the sound of the blonde's name as it rolled off his tongue like honey.

"He was such a flirt, so cunning and so enthralling, he was the perfect fusion between a wildfire and a volcano—both of them fiery and intense, yet at the same time slashing and compelling," he remarked, casually handling his cigarette, releasing spirals of smoke into the air. "And so fucking intelligent, so smart, he was unreal, ethereal even. Everyone seemed to love Silas at Oxford and Saltburn, it was impossible not to" Oliver spoke softly, glancing at the peacefully sleeping Elspeth, the room filled only with the hum of the life-support machines.

"Silas, fucking and goddamn perfect, Silas Montague," he let out a manic laugh. "He was a slut, a bloody tease if you ask me, but I still can't put my finger on why would he pay more attention to Farleigh and Felix. I couldn't decide if I wanted to be in Farleigh's shoes, under Silas' icy gaze with a smirk dedicated to me, or be Silas himself, having Felix's undivided attention," he confessed, taking another drag from his cigarette.

"I was impressed by his intelligence, he was taking the Engineering Science course, did you know that? First of his class, could solve any mathematical problem in that brain of his, he was a cool version of Michael Gavey, a much cooler and more handsome version of the loser Michael Gavey was," Oliver shook his head.

"But Silas was too smart for my liking," he murmured into the air.