Chapter 7 Found out by new friend

Ξεκινήστε από την αρχή

She hugged my mother's shirt so tightly that her knuckles turned white. She put her face in the crock of my mother's neck and cried. I guess she thanked my mother because she hugged her back and whispered, "You're very welcome."

We stayed playing at the park a little longer and just like I said I never once left her side. When my parents called me back because it was time to go I ran up to them. I looked behind me and saw that Cassadie wasn't following me. I saw her with her head down and trembling a little bit. I think she was crying. I turned around and ran back to her. I grabbed her hand and ran to my parents.

When we reached my parent's I grabbed my fathers hand and smiled at him and he smiled back. I looked to my side and saw that my mother was holding Cassadie's hand. I looked at my mother and gave a smile and she smiled back. Cassadie had her head down still. So I shook her hand gently. She then looked up at me with sad and curious eyes. I gave her a smile. She looked at me a little confused but gave me a tiny smile.

When we walked into my house my mother told us, "While we prepare dinner Elsie, why don't you show her your room and show her where she will be staying for the night. We will call you both when dinner is ready?"

I looked at my mother and said, "Ok mama."

I then grabbed her hand and led her to my room. When you walked into my room in the corner was my twin-size bed that had a light pink blanket on it with light blue pillows and a single brown teddy bear and right beside it was a nightstand with two drawers. On top of it was a small lamp with a pink shade, and the base was a pink butterfly. In the other corner was a computer desk but no computer. On the right side of the door was a small flat-screen TV on a TV stand. Along the wall on the left side was a door which was my closet and beside that was a kind of tall white chest dresser with four drawers on it. It also had all-colored butterflies painted all around it.

We decided to play a little bit until my parents called us for dinner. It was about an hour or so before they called us. We both ran downstairs and sat down at the table. At first, Cassadie was hesitant about it. It looked like she was lost in thought. She snapped out of it when I said, "Here Cassadie. You can sit by me."

She nodded meekly and headed toward me and sat quietly. We then saw my parents come out of the kitchen. My mother was holding a clear glass pan. You can see we were going to have lasagna for dinner. My father then came in with two big bowls one yellow and one red. When he put them down it was green beans and salad. My father went back to the kitchen and then came back with a silver platter that had toasted garlic bread (with a little bit of white cheese on top of it) on it.

When everything was on the table we all bowed our heads, put our hands together, and said, 'Thank you for the food.' After we said the prayer my dad grabbed her plate and asked, "So Cassadie do you like lasagna and green beans?"

I saw that she nodded her head.

He smiled and said, "Ok how about salad?"

She softly said, "Only a little bit please."

With the same smile, he said, "Of course. Would you like a piece of garlic bread?"

She once again nodded her head.

After he was done serving her she looked around and saw that my mother was serving me with the same smile.

We had a fairly quiet dinner. After we ate, my parents took our plates to the kitchen. They both came back with a small green plastic bowl in each hand. When they put them in front of us I started bouncing up and down when I saw it was a single scoop of vanilla ice cream on top of a chocolate brownie on the bottom.

I grabbed my spoon and dug in. I opened my mouth wide and took a big bite of it. I hummed in satisfaction. With ice cream all over my face, I soon yelled out happily, "Thank you, Mama and Papa! This is my favorite dessert!"