CHAPTER 1: Nosaka Iwao

A ball flew directly over the other person's head, creating a small breeze. Iwao was focused on the ball, trying to find out if he should toss the ball to his teammate or not. It was their last training for this year's qualifier. Everyone was still tense, some were excited after their match, some were nervous about making a good appearance. Just recently, it was announced that the National team coach would be watching most of the high schooler's games to choose new players.

When his eyes met their team captain, he knew what's going to happen next. Sprinting to the left corner of the field, everything began to blur and time nearly came to a stop. His eyes stared at the place he was going to hit it again as he jumped into the air, noticing his other teammates who prepared themselves for his spike.

Iwao brought his left hand up after recognizing the course of the ball which was on its way in front of him. All it took was a fast hit with his left hand to spike the ball past the person on guard in front of him even though they desperately tried to block him as his side of the team had match ball. He instantly landed, slightly swerving and panted, closing his hand in a fist. Spiking with his left hand wasn't the easiest move someone could ever do but proved itself to be worthy every time he used it.

"Alright guys," Their coach interrupted, clapping his hands. "That was great work. Nosaka, I want to congratulate you for once again doing your best for us to win the Nationals."

Iwao simply nodded, his eyes vacantly staring at his front. He left the field to get something to drink, his heavy pants fading while slightly catching his breath. The bench seemed like a decent place to rest for a few minutes. A waving in front of his face shifted his attention to the people next to him.

He felt a strong hand slapping his back, turning around he saw a brown-haired man sporting a shirt with an underlined number #4 printed to his shirt, indicating his position to the team.

The other one was a tall auburn-haired young man, sporting a blue shirt with the number #9 printed on his shirt, staring back at him.

"Congratulations on being the MVP once again Nosaka" The captain laughed as he gave him a toothy smile.

"You zoned off a bit there, Ace" The auburn-haired man smirked as he took Iwao's juice to take a sip himself.

Iwao raised a brow and looked into their eyes, "Am I not allowed to?"

"Not while we were on practice, no" The auburn-haired man joked, making their Captain chuckle before he handed him his drink back.

"Did you just take my juice?" Iwao said nonchalantly as he held his can of drink. The tall middle blocker grinned "Yes, I did."

Iwao could only stare at him in disgust as he reluctantly took a sip. Their Captain laughed at his reaction as the auburn-haired man chuckled.

"We're going to have a party later to celebrate our victory, why don't you join us?" The tall middle blocker said, his lips widening into a grin.

"I appreciate the offer, but I have to decline, I don't like to associate with myself to a crowd of people" The man declined, making the two men frown. Although they knew Iwao would decline their offer, they still tried.

Every time they tried to push themselves and befriend him, he seemed closed off and difficult to have a conversation with. It wasn't new to them about his distant behavior. They've been on the same team for the past five years and even though they considered him as a part of them, he can't seem to think of them otherwise.

Some of his teammates are starting to dislike his personality and sometimes murmur some things behind his back. The hatred his other teammates feel for him only grew after he was chosen to represent the National team and gained many fans. It was like he was making fun of them for being weak.

[HAIKYUU/OC] A Wolf Amongst the CrowsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara