𓆩ᥫ𝟏𝟖᭡𓆪

𓆩︶꒦꒷ꨄ︎꒷꒦︶𓆪

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍: 𝐉𝐔𝐉𝐔𝐓𝐒𝐔 𝐒𝐎𝐑𝐂𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐑𝐒 𝐒𝐔𝐂𝐊!-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈“And what are you doing?” A stone cold voice asked

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
“And what are you doing?” A stone cold voice asked.

The group turned around to find an older man standing near the street. By the looks of it, he had been passing by and spotted their situation. He looked odd, not bad per say but not what you would expect from a villager.

He had slicked back blonde hair and a stern expression that looked like it had been carved into his face. Small green glasses covered his eyes, and the oddest thing about his appearance was his suit… It was grey and finely ironed, a teal shirt underneath and an odd looking tie.

Suits were not common place in ninja society. However, you were more likely to find them if you were among-

Umekos' eyes widened his suit…the buttons were a shiny gold with black swirls. The unmistakable symbol of a jujutsu sorcerer!

But what was one of them doing here? As far as Umeko knew, the only person who was involved with the jujutsu society in Konoha was her father.

The mans expression eased as he set his eyes on Umeko. “Good, got my job done early… or part of it at least…” The man sounded tired as he walked closer. He leaned down to the children's level, not even attempting to give them a smile, “Hello my name is Kento Nanami.” He introduced himself.

Umekos eyes lit up, she recognized that name! She had overheard her father talking about him several times! “Im a- acquaintance of your fathers…” he stopped for a moment before settling on the word acquaintance.

“Stranger danger!” Sakura pulled Umeko back, “Remember Umeko! Dont trust him, they taught us about this is in street smarts.” Sakura ubsubtly whispered into her ear. She wasnt wrong, during their time at the academy they had been given lots of PSA’s on stranger danger and street safety. Most of it boiled down to not talking to strangers though…

“Oh no, Sakura he isnt a stranger- well he sort of is but-” Umeko was not doing a good job and convincing the pink haired menace that it was okay. “The buttons on his coat, those mean hes a jujutsu sorcerer.” Umeko pointed out. Sakura recoiled along with the rest of the group, “WHAT!?” They screeched, all except for Sasuke and Naruto. Sasuke who looked cautious but didnt panic, and Naruto who looked like he was lost.

“Huh?” Naruto squeaked. Sasuke turned over to him, an unimpressed expression plastered on the emos face. “How do you not know what Jujutsu sorcerers are dobe?” Sasuke scoffed, Sakura nodded along with him, equeally confused but less hostile. “Jujutsu sorcerers are kind of like ninja. But instead of performing missions theyre job is to eliminate cursed spirits.” Sakura explained.

“Cursed…Spirits?” Naruto lightly laughed, very confused. “HOW DO YOU NOT-” Sakura stopped herself, taking a deep breath and regaining her composure. “Cursed spirits are the result of chakra being mixed with the negative energy of humans. Cursed spirits form in places with negative energy, the negative energy has to be generated by human emotions or simple concepts we fear. The more negative emotion the more powerful the curse. Of course the curses can become more powerful by consuming power, like fear, cursed artifacts, etcetera...” Sakura explained.

Naruto looked horrified, “YOU MEAN THERE ARE THINGS EVERYWHERE THAT CAN EAT US!?” Naruto panicked.

Umeko budded in. “Not anymore! There was a war about two generations back that caused jujutsu and ninja society to split off entirely, before they co existed and after they became isolated. Most of the curses went away with the sorcerers thanks to the influx of natural cursed chakra. The only curses you guys will find are too weak to even count as threats! Well unless theres a energy congregation but that only happens on rare occasions!” Umeko explained happily.

Naruto smiled. She was usually horrendously shy and soft spoken, it wasn't often that she would explain anything with such excitement and vigor. Umeko was happy whenever she got to explain her special interests, she had always loved studying curses.

“Wait-  but what is a jujutsu sorcerer doing here? What about the treaty that ordered we stayed separate?” Sakura asked, looking up to Nanami. “Oh, that? Yeah that thing broke the moment Gojo decided to move to the leaf village.” Nanami shrugged. Umeko looked up at him surprised. “Wha?”

“Yeah, ever since your Dad came barging in here the treaty has been on uncertain grounds. This year the higher ups and kages finally made a decision to deal with the issue and instated that jujutsu sorcerers officially attend the chunin exams.” Nanami explained. Umekos' eyes lit up and she cheered, “Really!? No wonder Dad’s been so happy recently!” She thought aloud.

“Why now?” Sakura asked, Nanami looked over at her. “Why now finally renew the terms of the treaty?” Sakura poised once more, adding more detail. Nanami nodded, “Oh thats simple. Its Umeko.” He pointed to Umeko, she sweatdropped. “What?”

“Well the mere existence of a Gojo with six eyes and limitless in the jujutsu world is already shattering. But in the ninja society? It creates a huge power vaccume and invites someone to just kidnap you.” Nanami explained. “KIDNAP!?” Naruto yelled hugging Umeko. “Yeah. The only reason it hasnt happened is because nobody is stupid enough to mess with your dad.” Nanami added. “And now with the chunin exams happening it gives people an opening. So the higher ups came up with the new treaty as a way of bodyguarding you.” He explained.

“Bodyguards?” Umeko asked, “Yes, one of our first year teams has been dispatched here to protect you while they participate in the chunin exams in a diplomatic fashion.” He explained. “So I have babysitters.” Umeko frowned. Nanami sighed, letting a small smile form on his face for once. God… She was really just like her mother.

𝐄𝐍𝐃 𝐎𝐅 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

A/N: Hi! I know I don't do author notes that much, but I thought this would be a good time to put one in.

This chapter signals the official introduction of jujutsu society as a whole and the merging of both societies, so sorry if it's a bit messy and crowded. If you have any queries, please ask, I will be happy to respond!

With that being said, thank you for taking time out of your day to read this far. <3