1. A grave for temptation

*Major disclaimer: Any details in this story resembling real-life facts are completely fictional are any similarities to real people or locations are purely coincidental.

𝅘𝅥𝅮 Estranged - Guns N' Roses

9th November, 2009 ¹ 
Monday

11:02

Slash squeezed two puffs of his cologne standing by the dresser. 

 "...Hey, so... Right now you're in Frankfurt and then... London?" he asked Mia. It was really confusing to keep track of Mia's rather crazy 10-day European Tour. 

 "No, after tomorrow we head to Brussels, then London and Dublin. And then I'm back!" she chimed. 

 "Can't fuckin' wait," Slash replied. "I... I gotta go soon... Gonna meet Jake first then for dinner I'll pick up the kids this evening. They're going on a vacation to Cabo tomorrow with their mother, and a friend of hers, so... " he explained.  

"Great," Mia said, she sounded sleepy still. 

 Slash was adjusting his hair sticking out from his baseball cap in the mirror, last checks before leaving. "And you.... You should get some sleep. I'll call you tomorrow, alright?"

"Deal," Mia murmured.

"Sleep tight Curtis. I love you," he said, smiling as he pictured his stunning girlfriend lying in her hotel bed.

He went downstairs, threw his black leather jacket on, grabbed his keys, his phone, and he was out the door.

***

After wrapping up a meeting with his manager Jake and some Universal Music executives, Slash drove over to Sterling Sound studios in Culver City to meet with his producer Eric and the mastering engineer, George. They went through the mastering of the remaining four songs on his solo album, and by the time they were done, it was already 6:30 PM. Despite feeling exhausted from the day's work, Slash decided to head straight to Beverly Hills to pick up the boys for dinner.

It had been almost seven months since he moved out of the mansion, but each return made him feel like a stranger in his own home.

Pulling into the driveway, Slash parked his car in front of the garage door. Normally, the boys would be waiting for him outside with "Tranny", code for Bruno, Perla's colorful assistant and quasi-nanny, but today there was no sign of them.

With a tired sigh, Slash got out of the car and made his way to the front door, ringing the bell. He could hear Cash's laughter from inside as the door swung open.

He could hear his younger son Cash joshing around, who opened the door for his daddy after a few seconds.

Cash was giggling, as he stood in front of him, his menacing grin resembling Slash's.