21

THE SKY WAS DARK, and while she could listen to the hurried employees and excited cheers on the streets, Bellatrix's heartbeat was speeding with horror. There was the hanging suspense, the anxious moment she has been waiting for her whole life.

They say a lady lives until her marriage, and after it, a new life begins. But who was she before the wedding? And who would she be after it?

Viscountess Bridgerton. That title rolled down her tongue strangely. Could she ever get used to it? Could she even endure Anthony's distance yet warmness? A loveless marriage whole enduring the torturing wonder of what could've been when she looked at Benedict's eyes under the same roof.

Would she become pregnant soon? Or would she at least succeed in it? And how? Would she fulfillher duty of being a good wife, lady of the house, mother?

It was a stormy day for a wedding, but the real thunders echoed in the back of her mind.

"Oh, princess..." Yvette smiled softly, and even the sight of the young woman she took care of made her emotional. "You look absolutely marvellous."

Indeed, the dress, now fully adjusted, made justice to the princess' cruves. Her hair was adorned with jewels, and the veil delicately hung until the dress' tail. The image of sophistication, elegance and beauty.

And yet her lungs seemed to stop inside, heart burning and speeding, head unable to stop.

Yvette carefully held her hands, feeling jow sweaty and trembling they were. "It's your big day, princess." She tried to cheer her. "You did it. You made it."

A deep breath was needed so Bella could speak. "Yes...you are right...we made it." She nodded slowly.

"Easy...in...'They inhaled air together. "...and out..."They exhaled. The touch of the valet's hands managed to ease her tension a bit. "It will work out just fine." Yvette Soyet smiled softly. "Oh, goodness, I will miss serving you, your highness."

Bella chuckled. "I will miss you too." She said softly, apprciating the loyalty. "Thank you, Yvette. For being able to stand by my side, have so much patience and care for me."

"I wish I could've done more." She sighed. "So you wouldn't have to pass through all this hurricane-"

"It is not your fault." She shook her head. "No one could have known."

Yvette nodded slowly, trying to smile. "What matters is that we are here. That in some hours you'll walk down that asile and become the most beautiful bride that has ever existed." Bella smiled back. "I actually hav esonething for you, if you'd like." Yvette smiled sweetly.

"For me?" Bella asked curious. Yvette brought up a small velvet box with a pair of pearls earrings inside."Yvette...these are beautiful but-"

"They belonged to my mother." She said softly, Bella's lips parted in surprise. "My father said she used this at her wedding, a friend's gift." She smiled. "He said I should use on mine too, for good luck." She chuckled, with a hint of sadness. "But I believe you need most luck now."

"Yvette i-I can't accept this, it's yours-"

"You can just borrow it for today" She said excited while taking the earrings and putting on the princess. "And once you find a husband for me, I can use them." The teo laughed. "As If I actually want one." She rolled her etes. "Men are too much work." She finished putting the pair on and Bellatrix looked at the final result in the mirror. "A perfect fit."

"I...I...This is so kind and just so beautiful, Yvette...thank you." Bella said with most gratefulness. "Thank you."

Yvette held her hands and kindkly looked into her eyes. "Princess..." she gathere courage to speak "Through all the ups and downs I watched you endure and overcome, all I want to say is...I admire you, not as royalty, but as a person. Today, you won't be only a wife, but you'll be a woman." She squrezed her hands for reassurance. "And I'm very proud of the woman you have become."