Timeless Lover - ⏳

From the sound of a chain snapping of a chandelier to the sound of screams filling the ballroom. A puddle of crimson poured from under the chandelier. Glass was shattered in every direction as a man named Erix struggled to breathe. It is in the time of 1984, where they were just dancing with each other seconds before the chandelier broke. The pressure from the chandelier and glass that was shattered all on him was enough to cause excruciating pain. His lover, Rikruisce, stood in complete shock. Rikruisce tried to say something, but nothing came out of his mouth inside of their mansion. Erix's breathing was becoming shallow as he tried to talk to Rikruisce. All that was said was the sound of blood gurgling that was clogging his throat. Rikruisce snaps out of the shock, quickly trying to access his lover whose body couldn't be moved from on top of him. There wasn't much action. It felt like it was slow motion for the both of them. Rikruisce yells for his lover to respond, but all Erix could hear was ringing in his ears with his body feeling a mix of chill and hot. All he could see was red and all he could smell was the lights from the chandelier that busted upon feedback. Rikruisce cries out for help that was unheard of from the deafening silence before touching his Erix's face. He apologized and apologized with tears flowing out of his eyes. The apologies were unheard by Erix whose breathing became more shallow and almost breathless. With the final breath, Erix spoke. "I love you."

Rikruisce fell down to his knees in front of a statue he never wanted to make. From the many flowers that surrounded the statue, it ached for Rikruisce the most. He wore what Erix used to wear. Trousers, dress shirt, vest, and Erix's favorite dress shoes. His raven lengthy hair was in the way Erix would want it. In a neat bun with an undercut. The smell of cologne. Erix loved him. Rikruisce closed his eyes, putting his head down on the cold grass, praying for his lover like he did every 5 days out of a week for the past 20 years. He had to get Erix back. He wanted him back after years of guilt. People blamed him for his death. Even his own parents. Rikruisce didn't understand why. He didn't understand anything. All he wanted was Erix.

A few minutes passed once he noticed something while he sat at the statue. Something by the rose flowers that sat next to the statue. It was a watch that shined an electric color with a beautiful clock inside of it with the date and the time. It felt like the watch was his only hope. He got up from the ground, wiping his knees before slowly creeping up on the statue, still looking at the watch. He grabs it gently, looking at the clock that was inside. His heart pulses rapidly as he notices writing on the side. His eyes went wide as he quickly changed the time on the watch that was dimly lit up. He knew what he had to do.

Music played gently in the ballroom with only three people. Rikruisce and Erix. They tangled their hands together as they danced softly to the music. With every motion they took, it was with compassion and love. As they danced on the sparkling floor, he was watching. Tears streamed down his face as a smile creeped up on it. It was future Rikruisce 's final moments dancing with Erix and seeing him alive. His heart stings of the memory of Erix's dead body that would soon lay on the ground after the dance. The smell of the broken lights was surrounded in the smell of fresh food that was recently cooked. As his past lover and himself danced delicately, Rikruisce watched the chandelier that was the death of his lover. His breathing was becoming increasingly shallow as he swallowed the lump from his throat. It felt like his heart was going to burst. After a few minutes, the music calmed down as Rikruisce and Erix stopped dancing. They were smiling and talking with each other, trying to come up with a plan for their anniversary of two years. Future Rikruisce watched the chandelier as it sways. Adrenaline coursed through Rikruisce's veins as his shoes clacked heavily on the floor. Rikruisce and Erix glanced over at the figure running. Within seconds, Erix was pushed out of the way.

Rikruisce breathes in, gasping for the air he didn't have. His heart was numb as he held his hand to his chest. It felt like his head was going to burst. Rikruisce sat up in the...Where was he? It was only white. The walls that surrounded him were white with nothing in it. "H-Hello?" Rikruisce asks, fear and adrenaline coursing through his body.

There wasn't a single response. Rikruisce had noticed that his blood ran cold. He shivers a little as he starts to walk through the unknown place he was at. There was the sound of complete silence. All he remembered was running to his lover Erix, then the chandelier, now he's somewhere else. Unexpectedly, his leg had given out. Rikruisce groans a bit after hitting the cold floor. He didn't know what to do. He couldn't be alive if he's in the unknown. He didn't know the price he had to pay. He didn't know anything. A monotone, but a sonority voice spoke.

"Welcome, Rikruisce. I have been expecting you."