Chapter 1.4

A cute little kid with bright green eyes and dazzling golden hair that resembles Haven. But there was still the trace of a child on her face.

She still is still a kid after all. Flitta looked at her father with frightened expression on her eyes, blinking them innocently.

She ran to her father and stopped when she saw him, not hugging her, and didn't even dare to act cute or whine.

And it was the same with Haven. He just stared at his little daughter with an indifferent expression on his face.

He didn't even think to ask if Flitta was feeling alright now that she was feeling unwell.

They were so awkward with each other. Seeing the distance between the father and daughter, Isabelle interfered.

"Is Flitta sick? Oh my, if I had known earlier, I would have brought even the royal maids. Flitta, are you in a lot of pain? Now seeing you, you look indeed unwell."

Her voice was gentle. However, her eyes carried coldness. When the child noticed Isabella's eyes, she hid behind her nanny, feeling petrified.

Isabella looked even colder at the child's behavior, but she immediately smiled at her and looked back at Haven this time.

"Flitta is very awkward with me. I should frequent here to get to know her, Haven."

"You don't have to."

Haven immediately rejected her words with a dry expression on his face. He then added with a frosty face.

"I would also like you to refrain from coming in without beforehand warning like today. It is impolite to get in without contacting the Head of the mansion in advance, moreover while I am away."

"Ha-Haven! How could you say such a thing?!"

Isabella hardened her expression at Haven's words, but she soon moved to tears.

"Of course, I'm not unaware that my actions were somewhat disrespectful. But why don't you know that I had to do it because I wanted to get closer to you?"

"..."

"Right now, I can't count on different person but you, Haven. If you only know how lonely and afraid I am when Livius, no, His Majesty's sudden death came, you can never say such harsh thing to me."

Isabella wept and continued speaking, then pulled out a handkerchief and wiped her wet cheeks with tears. Her appearance was pitiful and pathetic. However, her Heyburn gaze, looking at her, was still cold and indifferent. Rather, the corners of his lips twisted slightly.

".... I did not know that Your Majesty relied on my older brother that much."

"Isn't that natural? I believe in him right after stepping in the royal palace."

"But before you could mention my older brother's death, you talked about marriage with me."

"Th, that!"

Isabella was speechless. She licked her lips, showing her bewilderment inside. Haven, who was ridiculed at the sight, turned around. At that moment, his eyes met with Flitta, who had been looking at him and Isabella alternately until then.

She certainly got a cold, thus she looked exhausted than usual. Even her red, squishy cheeks turned pale. Haven took a closer look at his daughter's condition. Since he had never shown his feeling outwardly, he was often criticized for being indifferent towards his own daughter. But he had never, even once been indifferent towards Flitta.

Because she is his own 'child'.

He doesn't remember anything on how he got a daughter, but that doesn't mean that he should be irresponsible enough to neglect his daughter from his bloodline. Haven opened his mouth to Flitta, ignoring Isabella that was supposed to speak again.