Little Green was panting for breath. He snorted twice and shook his mane, wishing to buck this damn fatty off.

Liu Shu Yi couldn't help but snort in laughter.

Yan Yan also couldn't maintain her fierce expression. She rolled her eyes and urged Black Jade to move away a little.

This fellow followed suit and sidled up. "Little sis Ah Yan, look how I'm all by myself. There are quite a few wolves in the woods. Let me tag along, ok?"

Shen Qi urged his horse over and patted his shoulder. "Little fatty, don't be scared. I'll protect you!"

Do you know how tactless you are?

Luo Huai Yuan secretly rolled his eyes countless times at Shen Qi, but said on the surface: "Then I'll be troubling you, little second Shen."

No longer a brat anymore, the teenaged little second Shen laughed loudly. He put his hands on his hips and was very smug.

Luo Huai Yuan's forgotten guards were still searching desperately for the fourth prince. Even if he wasn't favored, he was still a royal son. If he was lost or if something happened to him, these people would lose their heads.

They scarcely realized that little fatty Luo had already found a group and returned to the warmth of civilization.

Luo Huai Yuan was really a jinx. He was just joking about there being a lot of wolves. There were never many, and only a single one at a time would occasionally be sighted.

The group hadn't gone far, but they had already encountered over five wolves. They were by themselves and it didn't take much effort to deal with them, but the head of Shen Qi's guards looked solemn.

"Young master, something's wrong. Wolves move in packs. Although some operate by themselves, it is extremely unusual. These wolves aren't old or sick, and they wouldn't appear by themselves for no reason."

"You mean to say..."

"There's probably a wolf pack up ahead, and it's a very large one."

Normally twenty or thirty wolves was already a large pack. But now, so many had appeared.

Shen Qi frowned. "That shouldn't be possible, right? The hunting grounds wouldn't have wolf packs."

Mt. Meng's surroundings was designated the royal hunting grounds. Wolves weren't normally a threat, but an entire pack was more frightening than even a bear. After all, two fists cannot overcome four hands. No matter how skilled in martial arts, most people only had at most a dozen or so guards. Emperor Xi was the only one with a bigger entourage.

Therefore, there normally wouldn't be a wolf pack in the area and at most it would be a small one. Now that there were five lone wolves spotted already, how big must this wolf pack be!?

The head of the guards also felt it shouldn't be possible, but he didn't dare take the young master's safety lightly.

He suggested not to proceed further and turn back instead.

Shen Qi and Yan Yan naturally wouldn't be scared if they weren't carrying all this baggage. But not only was Yan Mo there, but there was Liu Shu Yi, Chu Ming Chen and now even the fourth prince Luo Huai Yuan. If anything really happened, just Luo Huai Yuan alone suffering a mishap would bring a lot of trouble.

Shen Qi was still a little disappointed at not having bagged any trophies but Yan Yan nodded in agreement. The group turned around and went back.

Luo Huai Yuan naturally had no objections at all. He wasn't here to hunt to begin with. He was happy as long as he could follow the little consort. He urged his horse to get closer to Yan Yan's, and Yan Yan suddenly felt her temples throbbing.