Fourth

Monday, I was ecstatic. As I imagined how yesterday went in my head over and over, it felt like I just fell deeper in love with Brian. Jordan had finally gotten off my back about it, thank God, and that was probably the most relieving part of it all.

As I took some paper folders and a book out of my locker, preparing for my favorite class of the day, English, Jordan came up to me. "Hey, he broke up with Harper."

"Dennis?"

"Yeah. He said it was because he thought you were beautiful, looking at your butt in those shorts must've gave him a toothache." She smirked.

"Whatta shame," I shrugged it off, walking down the hallway, "they were cute together."

"Oh, so once he kisses you, you decide you're committed to him?" She laughed.

"Well, not exactly committed," I replied, "but I don't think it'd be right to have a genuinely amazing experience with someone and then ditch him for his brother."

"You make no sense sometimes." She sneered.

"Neither do you, but we're still friends." I told her while turning the corner to get to English, just in the nick of time.

Brian's face lit up when I arrived. I couldn't help but blush. He was such a darling boy.

I sat down in my seat, and we greeted each other quietly. To our luck, Ms. Wilkerson assigned partner work, which she doesn't do often. We chose to work with each other of course.

"You look beautiful today." He complimented.

"You look handsome today." I smiled.

We both tried to stay on topic and try to finish the assignment together, but Lord knows that was a failure at the beginning. We would try to focus on it for longer than 2 minutes, but it simply couldn't be done. Brian would read the directions in a silly voice to make me laugh, or I'd do something and he'd laugh, or we'd just talk about something else altogether.

15 minutes before the period ended, we both realized we hadn't done anything, so we rushed through it. It wasn't as difficult as we both thought, after we put some effort into it.

"You know," he began, leaning back in his chair, "you're practically my first real girlfriend.... If I'm eligible to call you that."

"That's impossible. You're too cute to have not had a girlfriend before." I booped his nose and he chuckled. I didn't comment on the girlfriend thing, but I'm sure he knew how I felt about it. He could just tell.

"Sincerely, I have liked a few girls but they've never made me feel like you have, and Jesus we only started talking a few days ago." He fiddled his fingers through his hair.

"But it's been a wonderful few days, for me, at least." I said that with a tiny doubt of uncertainty in my voice.

"Oh no, definitely!" He stopped leaning back in his chair, "I wouldn't have given up our experiences for the world."

"That's sweet of you, Bri." He put that adorable crooked smile across his face. He was such an attractive person.

A few seconds later, the bell rang and he took my paper with his to turn it in. He walked me to my next class, even though I'm pretty sure it was nowhere near his last class of the day. I hope he knows he'll have the opportunity to walk me to my class for as long as he's still attending high-school here.

We stood together in front of my class to exchange a few words before the bell rang again. "Hey, listen," he whispered ever so quietly, holding my hands like he did when we were at the beach the day before, "after class, do you wanna hang out? I was thinking maybe you could come over to my house and I could show you some things."