SYLVAN CASTLE

The three had arrived Yorksville that night and boarded one of the best inns in the town. They settled in just in time for a terrible snow storm to begin.

The wind howled outside their shut windows, carrying a whistling sound in it. "What a strange town." thought the prince.

Though much of the cold was evaded, the room still did not carry enough warmth to thaw Lovell's fingers. Hence Lovell ordered for some ginger tea, and now, with a poring countenance, he swirled his cup and gazed into the hearth as if to discover some hidden secrets in the embers.

The maid had found a stool and positioned her shivering loquacious self by the bed.

"What are your names." Asked the prince, splintering the silence with his deep sultry tone. The maid, who was found guilty twice for her antecedent misdemeanor, for she, in attempt to soothe the strong atmosphere within the carriage, had taken to prattling about the academy which wearied the prince profusely - that, he had mentioned to her once they were lodged in- had jumped in fright once Lovell spoke, her heart sinking so low into her gut, that she thought she might die of apoplexy.

Blinking countless times, she held her afrightened heart and responded.

"K-kelly Linda. Your highness." Stuttered the maid. "And he's Jones Kurtz." Said she pointing at the coachman, who now sat besides the fire gazing at his feet.

"Very well Kelly. I'm sure you will fetch a good price at the slave store tomorrow night." At first, Kelly and Jones did not fully comprehend Lovell's words and squinted their gazes as if to zoom in on the meaning of his words.

"I'm sorry I don't understand your highness." Said Kelly shaking her head . Her heart was already frightened to the extent that she could heart it thrumming in her rib cage.

"Why I have the mind of selling you kelly. I'm sure you'd fetch me a handsome price." Just course stated!.. Apparently only Lovell thought the course just. His servants felt righteous indignation swell up from their bowels into their breasts.

With the most unsettled sigh, and beset with a paroxysm of tears, she cried.

"I-I cannot believe this. I see no excessive wrong I've done your highness. Please reconsid..." Lovell sharply stood up and peered at her from the corner of his eye.

"I can't stand your ceaseless prattling. I'd be outside if you have anything agreeable to say... that is in accordance to your fate." With that he left the room.

"monster." Said Jones, standing up to comfort a weeping Kelly.

Once Lovell was out of the room, he headed downstairs to the foyer of the inn, where beer was served and, strangely, girls were also served there.

"Do you want a beer sir? Or liquor?" Asked a lady barely dressed with a seductive smile on her face. She had beer in her hands but no liquor.

"Neither." Said he, not sparing her a glance before walking over to a table at the corner of the room, closest to the hearth and sat there peering into the flickering flames, with an impartial gaze.

"We have a guest here!" Bellowed a man at the other end of the room, whom he judged to be the inn keeper. "Send a waiter over there, get his request and serve him quickly." Lovell thought the inn keeper to be quite diligent until he heard the whispers from the tables around him.

"He must be from the capital..."

"Look at his clothes..."

"I hear they love sitting by the hearth because the climate there is a bit warmer than here."

Apparently, his gait bespoke of his caliber in society. He looked affluent. Also, he hadn't noticed that he developed a character of sitting by the hearth.