𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 ; 𝐦𝐢𝐝𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝

𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐂 𝐓𝐎𝐔𝐂𝐇, 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗

𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 ; 𝐦𝐢𝐝𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝

"𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐟𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐭𝐲. '𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐬𝐚𝐲 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥"

 '𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐬𝐚𝐲 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥"

𝐃𝐀𝐈𝐒𝐘 𝐉𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐈𝐗

𝐒𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐎𝐍𝐄, 𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐃𝐄 𝐓𝐖𝐎

𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐓𝐖𝐎: 𝐈'𝐋𝐋 𝐓𝐀𝐊𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄

The house was massive and covered in large window panes. Camila and Billy took the first steps up, the former buzzing the intercom on the wall. Everyone excitedly looked around through the windows, trying to see if anyone was coming.

"There he is," Billy muttered.

A mustached man opened the door.

"Rod, hey," Billy greeted. "uh, it's, uh, Billy Dunne and the, uh... The Dunne Brothers. We met at The Staircase in Pittsburg, you know? You said I could call."

"But you didn't call. You're just... here," the man, Rod, responded.

"Uh, could we have... uh ten minutes of your time?"

Rod opened the door wider for the seven of them to walk in.

They all sat around Rod at the pool, the seven of them packed around one lounge chair.

"Obviously we need gigs," Billy started.

"Yeah, on the Strip, if possible," Eddie added.

"The Whiskey. The Troubadour," Warren chimed in.

"Yeah, and a place to stay," Camila said.

"Yeah, I mean, we pooled our savings together, but it's not much," Billy explained.

"We're probably gonna need some money," Warren stated.

"I mean, just to get us off the ground," Graham covered.

"And, ih, Teddy Price to produce us," said Billy. "That's uh..."

"That would be huge," Camila supplied.

"Sure. Yeah, man. Anything else?"

"I think that's pretty much..." Billy looked around.

"That's all, yeah," Warren agreed.

"Are you a bunch of fucking idiots?" Rod asked. "Do you really think that's how this works? You show up in town and someone hands you a key to the city? A sit-down with Teddy Price?" They all grew embarassed, looking away from the man.

"You said..." Billy started, "You knhow, when we were back in Pittsburg, you said..."

"I'm a tour manager, not a band manager. So unless you guys are planning a world tour in the near future, I don't think I'm your guy, man."

The blonde girl spoke up, "We're not asking for handouts. We'll work our asses off-"

"Listen to me. You seem like nice people, and... if you're the band I'm thinking of... your set was kind of tight. So what I'm gonna do is... I'll make a call, one call, to my guy over at Filthy's."

"Filthy's? Is- is that a club?" Eddie asked.

"It's more of a... bar than a rock club, but it's on the Strip."

"Man, look, that's- that's amazing," Billy said.

"And that's all I can do."

"Thank you," Lauren said.

"It's a great start," Billy added, putting his hands out in surrender. "I mean that's more than we can ask for."

"Now, if there's nothing else..."

"Yes sir," Everyone stood up. They all started walking off but Lauren stepped back for a minute.

"Hey, one more thing?" she asked quietly. He watched her hesitantly. "There's this keyboardist."

-ooo-

"So I mean, uh, you know, the thing is, I mean, all of us," Graham was on the phone with Karen, "we're uh... we're really impressed. Um, you know, not just me, and, uh, maybe now is a good time to... you know, for a... change of scenery, or a..."

Lauren took the phone from his hand.

"Karen, it's Lauren Roundtree. We met at the Staircase?"

"Hi, Lauren," the girl responded.

"Hey, look, uh, how would you like to be in the band?" she asked, leaning back against the wall to look at the rest of them, all watching her in anticipation.

"Guys it's burning!" She shouted.

Lauren furrowed her brows in confusion.

"Sorry. Minor kitchen emergency."

"It's okay," she laughed.

"What were you saying?"

"I was just asking if you wanted to be in our band? We would all love to have you."

"In Pittsburg?"

"No, actually, we're in LA. We have some gigs lined up on the Strip. We're renting a house."

"In Laurel Canyon, tell her it's in Laurel Canyon," Graham whispered to her.

"Stop," Lauren whispered back, as Billy grabbed him by the back of the shirt and pulled him away. "So what do you say, Karen Karen?" she asked with a smile, turning back to face the wall. "You wanna be in the best band in the world?"

"Be honest with me. Are you guys worth it?"

"I wouldn't be here if I didn't believe in it," she responded.