~ ~ 0 ~ ~

The Beginning...

                             ~ ~ ~

                             ~ ~ ~

~ Jingliu POV ~

...

"Excuse me?"

Though I maintained a neutral expression, inwardly, I felt utterly bewildered. Standing before me was the current general of Xianzhou, and he was requesting me, the Sword Champion, to look after a child.

"Yeah... I just need you to watch over him for a couple of years, so... Please-?"

He gazed at me with puppy-like eyes; is this guy truly the General...? Well, whatever, it's just for a few years, it won't be that bad...

"Fine. Where's the kid anyway?"

I sounded rather annoyed as a big smile lit up on his face.

"Thank you! Jing Yuan, come here!"

He called out, and a kid shyly approached, quickly hiding behind the general, displaying a timid demeanor.

"Oh, sorry, he's just really shy... Come on, Jing Yuan, don't hide."

He attempted to coax the kid out, who nodded and hesitantly approached me.

As he got closer, I carefully knelt down and spoke softly, "Nice to meet you."

"N-nice to... meet you too..."

The kid stuttered, and I found it adorable, instinctively giving him a pat on the head.

"Great! It seems you two will get along well!"

The General nodded happily before walking away.

"I have other important matters to attend to, so... bye!"

As I watched him walk away, I felt the kid grab my hand.

"U-uhm... Please take good care of me..."

The kid looked at me with a cute expression. I had only met this child today, but if anyone dared to hurt him, they were dead.

"I will. Don't worry."

I stood back up, and we walked to my place, the kid holding onto my hand as if I were his actual parent... Well, I will be going to take care of him for a few years...

————————————————

A/n: This is just going to be a short side story fluff I will be making when I feel like it