Chapter 1

Sanyukta Agarwal is a young and talented girl who has the dream to pursue Mechanical Engineering. But her conservative father opposes her decision as he believes Mechanical Engineering is only for boys while girls are meant to get married and do household chores. Sanyukta's mother is very supportive of her dreams but is scared of her husband. Sanyukta without the knowledge of her parents gives the entrance test for India's number one college FITE and Sanyukta got admission. With her mother's signature on the admission form Sanyukta joins FITE. Randhir Singh Shekhawat is a sheer genius and a virtuoso. He often refers to himself as the best. Randhir has anger issues due to a troubled childhood. He is a male chavenist and believes men are better than women.Randhir and his best friend Karan gives the entrance test together however only Randhir manages to clear it. Karan can get an admission only if one student decides to give up their seat. Upon seeing a few girls in his batch he begins to threaten them to give up their admission or change the stream in order to get Karan an admission. He and Sanyukta get into an altercation and thus begins their rivalry. Sanyukta's father and brother find out about her admission and set out to bring her back home. She intentionally causes a blast in the laboratory which leads to a police investigation as a result of which she's detained at the college thus unable to go back home. Randhir gets furious as Sanyukta traps him in the situation as well. Randhir is very distracted and not using his full intelligence towards the dream team. Vardhan asks Sanyukta to befriend him in order to bring back his attention to where it belongs and to help him overcome his inner problems. Sanyukta is very scekptical about it at first but then agrees. She prepares a scarp book highlighting hers and Randhir's journey so far. Randhir loves the gift and agrees to become her friend.