Chapter 71: Craving the Scent

Начните с самого начала

"Stay still, I'll get a wet wipe."

Nan Yi buried his head even deeper, his body curling up a little. His limp hand remained in Alpha's grasp.

His voice quivered as he uttered a soft "Mm-hmm" through his nose.

.....................

After two consecutive days of storms, Nan Yi had been sleeping longer and getting tired more easily.

He woke up close to ten, with the space beside him empty. The faintly creased pillow bore the trace of Alpha's presence.

With a daze, Nan Yi propped himself up, staring blankly at his right hand.

Although the rainy morning carried a chill, Nan Yi felt somewhat warm.

After splashing his face with cold water in the bathroom, the warmth subsided a bit.

Only a solitary frog plushie lay on the living room sofa as Nan Yi descended the stairs, his movements slow and sluggish.

Changes in his physique became increasingly apparent; clothes in his wardrobe were now several sizes too big.

Recently, He Yu Shen forbade him from going out, confining him to stay indoors.

Every noon, he would video chat with Yin Feng, two bored omegas passing their tedious time.

They would discuss their clothing sizes, favorite flavors, and then tread into their daily recurring topic.

Their future in-laws.

When Yin Feng once again proposed that Nan Yi's baby become his family's daughter-in-law, Nan Yi chuckled, "Why only wish for an omega? If it's a little alpha, won't he be heartbroken?"

Yin Feng's face on the screen appeared noticeably fuller.

"Yi Yi, who do you think will be older?"

Nan Yi shook his head.

Their due dates were close; the time difference wouldn't be much. But the specifics? Only time would tell.

"Oh right, Yin Lu's birthday is in a few days. He asked if you could attend."

"Ah? Perhaps I shouldn't." Nan Yi's face stiffened, unsure of what to say in his awkwardness.

Yin Feng glanced down before saying, "True, given our conditions, it might be inconvenient."

"It's just a birthday. They come every year. Forget him." The tone of disdain was particularly evident.

"By the way, Yi Yi, Shan Yao and I are thinking of having a photoshoot in a few days. Would you and He Yu Shen like to join?"

"A photoshoot? I'll ask him tonight."

"Oh come on, no need to ask! Even if he doesn't, you should. It'll give my future daughter-in-law a chance to meet her in-laws in advance!" Yin Feng said with a laugh.

"Alright, just inform me ahead of the photoshoot."

With Nan Yi's affirmation, Yin Feng eagerly hung up, eager to research which studio took the best shots.

After ending the call, Nan Yi, seizing the opportunity while the housekeeper was away, sneakily went to the second floor and spent an hour drawing comics.

Lately, he updated almost every two weeks, and his fans were getting impatient.

Omegas can take leave during their special periods, but Nan Yi preferred to keep it under wraps, only reluctantly informing his editor when pressured by Editor 09.

His fans were unaware of his situation.

Having drawn some content over the past few days, Nan Yi finally managed to complete a new chapter today.

After posting it, he nonchalantly left the house.

Descending the stairs, Nan Yi noticed the housekeeper was still absent from the living room.

He furrowed his brow, growing curious.

The housekeeper had never been gone for such an extended period.

The sound of the pouring rain outside had a somewhat hypnotic quality in the silence.

Nan Yi had fallen asleep close to six, and by the time he woke up, it was already past seven. Oddly, the alpha, who was in his sensitive period, hadn't returned.

He didn't immediately call to check, reasoning that it was normal for He Yu Shen to be a bit delayed on a rainy day.

Yet, as night approached, much like that previous night when he didn't return, by ten o'clock, He Yu Shen was still not home.

However, this time, before Nan Yi could dial, He Yu Shen's call came through.

"He Yu Shen, why aren't you back yet?" Nan Yi started with a hint of irritation as he picked up.

"Yi Yi." The voice on the other end was somewhat hoarse.

"What is it?"

"It's okay, circumstances are unusual today. Go to sleep and don't wait up for me." The background noise was loud; rain poured, and cars honked intermittently.

"Are you in a car? Where are you headed?"

"Sleep first, I'll explain tomorrow. Don't kick off your blankets at night."

"I've arrived."

"Goodnight." He Yu Shen sounded rushed. After a quick farewell, the call ended abruptly.

Nan Yi stared at his phone, a frown forming. He felt somewhat irked.

"Couldn't he spare a moment to explain? Not even a sentence?"

Muttering his displeasure, he tossed the phone beside him on the bed.

Nonetheless, having received the call, Nan Yi felt more at ease and could sleep.