Unfortunately, her actions weren't quick enough and she didn't have as many subordinates as others. Someone had notified Concubine Pei and Shen Yi Yao. Concubine Pei had "accompanied" Shen Yi Yao over.

"What is going on here?" Concubine Pei frowned and said.

She stood to the left and slightly behind Shen Yi Yao, playing the part of a concubine and assistant very well.

That managing granny said in embarrassment: "Reporting to concubine, the third miss wants to have these people leave, but...."

One of the grannies rolling on the floor already started crying, "It's not that this granny isn't willing to leave. But I've served the third miss al this time and she wants this servant to leave without saying a single word. This servant is still part of the Weiyuan Marquis Estate after all. Are the servants from the Zhenguo Duke Estate more precious than us? They're kicking us out the moment they show up...."
Some of the maids on the side agreed.

"That's right, that's right...."

"Begging madam and concubine to mediate for us...."

Shen Yi Yao looked hesitant. Concubine Pei signaled with her eyes and that granny started crying even harder.

"This is the Weiyuan Marquis Estate. How can outsiders come and bully our own people....."

The servants from the Zhenguo Duke Estate were well aware that this was clearly them not being welcomed. However, they were well trained after all and merely stood there without making a sound. Two grannies stood inside the house secretly glancing at Yan Yan's expression.

Yan Yan definitely wouldn't believe there wasn't a mastermind behind this performance. Perhaps Old Madam Yan or Concubine Pei weren't happy at seeing the Zhenguo Duke Estate upstaging them, and came up with this plan to force the servants to go back. Once they returned, they would only say that the servants weren't well trained and had made a fuss, so the third miss coulnd't keep them.

Those two loved using such methods. Didn't they ever get tired?

Whether those two were tired or not, Yan Yan had still hit the nail on the head. Old Madam Yan had truly been dissatisfied over this matter. However, she couldn't say anything in front of the Zhenguo Duke Estate's people, and secretly instructed Concubine Pei to put on this performance. The people in the Ningxiang Chambers also didn't want to leave. Their goals happened to perfectly align!

Without waiting for anyone to come report, Yan Yan stood up with a swish and walked outside. She didn't look at Shen Yi Yao or Concubine Pei, and merely walked in front of the granny making a scene.

"You don't want to leave, right?"

That granny froze and started kowtowing, seeming extremely pitiful. "Begging the third miss for mercy, don't send this servant away...."

Yan Yan ignored her and pointed her whip at the group of people making a fuss.

"You all don't want to leave either, right?"

The dark brown whip twisted and coiled within Yan Yan's grasp. The handle was made of sandalwood and carved into the shape of a snake's head. Its mouth was opened wide, its eyes made of two extremely vivid rubies. It was extremely eye-catching, making her slender hands seem white as jade.

But no one dared ignore those slender hands. Many people didn't see the third miss whipping people with their own eyes that time, but they had heard a lot about it. Especially since some people wanted to cause a mess and purposefully spread the rumors. Everyone knew the third miss's frightening reputation.

Therefore, although Yan Yan didn't realize it, her casual movement had already scared quite a few people. They thought the normally violent-tempered third miss was about to start hitting people again.