Chapter 52- The Battle of Zaofu

Začít od začátku

Everyone looked bewildered. "What are we going to do?" Suyin's husband, Baatar, asked.

Huan walked up behind Opal. "Jinora, Fara and I will go talk to Kuvira at dawn, and maybe we can work something out. I promise, I'll do everything I can to keep the peace," Korra promised.

After a moment's hesitation, Opal said, "I'll go with you."

"We'll go, too," Ikki added.

Fara turned her attention to Ikki. "No! Dad told us to find Korra, and we did. Now you need to stay safe."

"Come on! Let us help!" Ikki insisted.

"I can't risk anyone else being captured," Korra stated. "You can stay with General Iroh, Baatar, and Huan while I work things out with Kuvira." Korra turned to Iroh, who were positioned behind the two children. "Make sure they get back to Tenzin if anything goes wrong." Iroh nodded.

Meelo expressed his disappointment. "Aw, man! When do I get to see some action?"

"Dumpling, I'm begging you!" Fara pleaded. "You must stay safe. I couldn't forgive myself if anything happened to you all. Iroh will take care of everyone."

Meelo cast Fara a pleading look with puppy dog eyes but eventually relented with a nod. "Okay."

As everyone began to prepare, Fara lead Iroh away.

She couldn't help but feel a whirlwind of emotions, craving an end to the chaos so her loved ones could relish in happy, secure lives.

Fara bit her lip, her eyes gazing up at Iroh without turning her head. "I'm glad you're here and safe."

"Fara, of course I'd sail half around the globe if it meant being with you and make sure you're always safe." Iroh smirked. "You're my soulmate, you know."

Fara pouted sadly. "I never want to be away from you again," cupping Iroh's cheeks, she drew him nearer. "I've been in agony without you, trying not to show it, but I'm a mess."

A single tear dropped down Iroh's cheek. "I've been too. I try to maintain a sturdy façade for the crew, but they've noticed the shift since I've been with you. You make me soft, Fara. I'm not the stern, stringent General I once was with them."

Fara stood on her tiptoes for a clearer view of Iroh. "Is that a bad thing?"

Iroh wrapped his arm around her waist to balance her. "Not at all."

Their noses grazed together, sharing each other's breath.

"Is this the appropriate time right now?" Iroh sighed.

"I don't care," Fara murmured. "I haven't seen my fiancé in months. Kiss me."

Iroh's hand cradled the back of Fara's neck, hers found its place on his chest. In the quiet corner outside Suyin's home, their lips molded into one, feeling as if time slowed down. Their touch was tender yet electric. Iroh's hand, still wrapped around Fara's waist, pulled her slightly closer, deepening the kiss.

The taste of each other lingered as their lips continued exploring the familiarity of each other's mouths.

Their noses brushed together again, a playful nuzzle punctuating the kiss with a shared smile.

Neither of them wanted to part, but eventually, they did when a loud scream echoed. "Spirits, do you two have no shame?!" Meelo interrupted, making the couple pull apart.

Both Fara and Iroh were too shocked to speak. One moment they were holding each other, the next, being scolded by Meelo.

Ikki passed by, observing how close Iroh and Fara were pressed against each other, and glanced at Meelo's embarrassed state. "Been there, experienced that."