Nyra broke the kiss when she heard a strange sound and frowned as she looked at the door. There was some mumbling and what sounded like guards chuckling loudly. Nyra moved off the bed, giving Damon a smile when he groaned and followed her. She made sure her nightgown was in place before opening the door and laughing at the sight that met her eyes. Rhaenyra was walking, or attempting to walk, down the hall, while carrying a pillow that was bigger than she was. Nyra had seen those pillows before, they were in the nursery and most of the time the nursemaids were the ones who used them to sit.

"Rhaenyra." The small girl stopped at the sound of her voice and turned to look at her with wide eyes. "What are you doing?"

"Nothing." Nyra bit her lip to stop herself from smiling and just raised an eyebrow. The little girl gave her an innocent look. "What?"

"Why are you carrying a pillow?"

"I am not." This time Nyra chuckled and could hear Damon laughing behind her.

"Then why is there a giant pillow behind you?"

"I was taking it back to my chambers." Nyra did not say anything, just continued looking at the small girl without saying anything. "Fine, I need it for Syrax."

"You need it for Syrax?" Nyra frowned. "Is Syrax not in the dragon pit?"

"She is, but her pillow is too small." Rhaenyra's look was exasperated. "I asked papa if I could take one of the pillows in the nursery and he said no because dragons did not need pillows, but Syrax likes to sleep on soft things."

"Were you planning to drag the pillow all the way to the dragon pit?" Damon asked with an amused look on his face.

"No!" Rhaenyra looked at Damon like he was a fool. "Uncle Daemon said he would take me to the dragon pit this morning. I am taking the pillow to his chambers so we can take it to the dragon pit."

"Is there a reason you are doing this so early in the morning?" Nyra kneeled in front of the girl. "Or without asking anyone for help?"

"Because papa cannot know." Rhaneyra's answer said that should explain everything.

"You are aware that the guards can see you?" Nyra asked as she took the pillow.

"They will not, I have promised them all cake." Nyra stood up and picked up the pillow, which was large even for her so she was not sure how Rhaenyra had managed to carry it all the way here. The pillow was not heavy, but she was not sure how the small girl could have seen over it. Rhaenyra gave her a questioning look. "What are you doing?"

"I am helping you." Nyra started to walk and Rhaenyra followed her. "We cannot allow Syrax to be uncomfortable."

"No, we cannot." Rhaenyra's smile was contagious. "I will need to talk to mama to have someone make her a giant pillow. One day she will be as large as Caraxes."

"That is true." Nyra handed the pillow to the kingsguard, who gave her a confused look but still took it. She then turned back to the girl and bent forward, making sure to whisper. "Are you aware that your gown is backward?"

"I dressed myself." Rhaenyra leaned forward and placed a hand next to her mouth, whispering back to her. "Do not worry, uncle Daemon will fix it for me."

Nyra chuckled and knocked on the door before turning around and leaving. She could not wait to hear the story about Daemon showing up at the dragon pit with a small girl and a very large pillow for a small dragon.