•TWO•

August, 1983

August, 1983

It was the First day of School and Amir didn't want to go but he knew his parents weren't having that, especially his father. He was all about education especially due to them being black. When Amir's Father, Michael wasn't being a doctor he was being an educator towards his son and the rest of the black young kids around their area.

Michael was like the black Einstein to people but of black knowledge. He always told Amir being black is not a choice but it is a prize possession. He believed that every black American could be something if they wanted to be something but yet half rather live off the white mans money for free. His son would definitely not be that way and he'd hope that all the rest of the little black boys and girls wouldn't be either, their was too much potential in their generation.

Amir was in the bathroom brushing his teeth with the door closed soon hearing a furrow knock.

"Hurry up Amir, you not gone miss that bus" His father said standing by the closed door.

Amir looked through the mirror at his teeth once again before opening the door only to be met with his father looking over him.

"What was you doing for it to take you so long?" His father asked.

Amir looked at his father.

"I was brushing my pearly whites see" He said.

Amir smiled showing his father his white teeth.

His father looked at him, chuckled, and shook his head.

"You and those teeth, come on boy" He said nudging his head while Amir led the way downstairs.

When the man and young boy got downstairs to the kitchen they saw Pancakes Turkey bacon, Eggs, Blueberries and and glass pitcher of OJ. There stood Amir's mother, awaiting to give her one and only son a warm greeting.

She walked up to her son and hugged him and then giving him a kiss on the cheek.

"Good Morning, baby"

"Good morning ma" He said sitting down putting food on his plate.

His mother and father sat at the opposite sides of the table from him also beginning to put food on their plates.

"I haven't heard from Donda this morning maybe I need to call her and see if Farrah is all set for school so she can walk with you to the bus stop" Amir's mother said looking over towards her son.