Chapter 35: Duryodhana's Devotion and Invisible Ties🪢❤️

Start from the beginning

Karna frowned in curiosity and asked, " Who Mitra?"

Duryodhana smiled and said, " The one who is very special to me and my Mata. The one who loves me the most after my Mother. Whose love is what I crave the most. Who has every right to Punish me, scold me. My heart is desperate for her loving embrace just like how an unloved child is desperate for their mothers' Embrace. My Mata's Eldest Daughter, My Sister, "My Jiji Bhagirathi".

" Your Sister?!" Karna asked shocked, " but I thought there's only one sister among kaurava's and that's the Dushala?" Karna frowned, "and why haven't we seen her till now?"

Duryodhana chuckled and said, "Hold, hold your question's Mitra. Even I haven't met her. I have only heard of her from my Mata. When I was little, I always used to complain to Mata, how nobody loves me but she always used to assure me that there is my Jiji who loves me unconditionally. And my heart just knew that Mata is speaking the truth. My devotion for her is beyond words, Mitra."

Duryodhana looked down and smiled, tears glistening his eyes, " You know, when I was little, I was going to commit a very big sin because I felt I was wronged by the Elders but just when I was going to do it I felt her caress my Hair and I just broke down because my heart knew that what I was doing would disappoint her a lot. So, I changed myself. I went to my Mata and confessed and asked her for a way to change me, to control my emotions, my anger."

Duryodhana looked towards Karna and smiled, "And My Mata she taught me Maha Mrityunjay Mantra and whenever I feel like my anger might consume me, I just think of my Jiji and Chant the Mantra..."

"Wow, I would like to meet your Jiji too, Mitra. Someone whose name itself changed you this much, is the reason for such devotion, I want to meet her, right Mitra Indrasen?" Said Karna and glanced at their friend who had stood silent till now and glanced up. But both the friends were astonished to see tears in the Eyes of their friend.

Duryodhana quickly moved forward and kept his hand on the shoulders, "What happened Mitra? Are you Hurt Somewhere? What happened, show me?" asked, his voice shaking a bit by the concern.

Karna too came forward and nodded his head.

Bhagi looked up and smiled, " Hahah, no, no mitra, Nothing is wrong. I was just touched by the devotion you hold for your sister you haven't even met. I can just imagine what Your Bond would be like if you both would have grown together."

Duryodhana smiled at the thought, " I would have laid the whole world at my Jiji's feet, Mitra."

Bhagi smiled painfully behind the mask, "But why such devotion, Mitra? Why so much love for someone who you haven't even met? What if she's a cruel person? What if she is Adharmi? What if...".

Before Bhagi could continue, she was interrupted by a stern voice of Duryodhana, " STOP!! You are my Mitra , that is why I'm not reacting but please understand I won't stand any bad words against her. I know, My heart, My soul knows that my Jiji could never be a Adharmi, ever!!"

Bhagi just nodded and silently went towards the chariot and stood there silently. Her heart was screaming at her to tell the truth to Duryodhana. How could she even Imagine that Ma Gandhari could ever Forget about her. Her Ma had made her an Idol in front of Duryodhana. Who changed himself for one person without even meeting them. How can his heart be so gentle that a person who hasn't seen, hasn't even had a conversation with mean so much to him. How?!

Duryodhana glanced at Karna who nodded his head towards their Mitra who was silently waiting for them. Duryodhana moved to the chariot, came beside his Friend and held his ears, " I'm sorry , Mitra. I should not have talked with you in that way. But please understand, The bond I share with my Jiji means very much to me. I can't bear her disrespect, ever!"