Log 1

Later that day

At the gym's pool, Samus swam through the pool with thoughts racing in her head. October was the mourning month, namely for her to mourn Adam because this was the month of Adam's death. Adam was an important part of her life. A father figure. A man who was somewhat able to see Samus' potential. But he died years ago on the BOTTLE ship incident years ago.

Samus emerged from the pool with a graceful yet tiring stroke and a splash. Droplets of water cascaded down her toned body as she lifted her blue swimming cap, revealing a damp mess of blonde hair that had been secured in a bun. She exhaled a sigh of relief as she removed her goggles, revealing her piercing blue eyes. Her body, clad in a form-fitting blue one-piece swimsuit, was still glistening under the sunlight that streamed into the pool area. Wrapping herself in a fluffy towel, she took a moment to catch her breath, her heart still racing from the intense workout she had just completed. It was a welcome respite from the never-ending pursuit of Ridley, the notorious space pirate who had been a thorn in her side for far too long.

Pikachu walked over to her, having exited his lane. He took off his goggles and sat next to Samus. "So...Samus?"

"Hey, Pikachu?" Samus sighed and continued to let the towel soak in her wet body. "You do know that October is the month that I mourn Adam, right?"

"Yep." Pikachu used his towel. He rubbed it on his fur. "But...you've gotta stop drinking and acting as if you and him got divorced!"

"Gross."

"Me, your girlfriend, and all of us in the Smash Crew want you to be happy. Maybe it's time to move on like I did with Puka."

"I...I...I...I can't..."

Pikachu looked down and sighed. "I want you to be okay, Sam...but drinking ain't gonna help."

Samus sighed and looked down. It was too painful for her to let go of Adam. Sure, there have been positive things in her life like her lesbian relationship with Palutena, Pikachu being her partner-in-teamwork, and also gaining a ton of friends...but she still kept reminding herself of her parents and Adam's deaths. It's too painful. 

"It's too painful to let go..." she thought as she untied her damp bun of hair.

Later that night

Samus and Palutena had scheduled yet another date night. They were excited to spend some quality time together, away from their respective duties as a bounty hunter and a goddess. The pair arrived at a cozy little diner that had a warm and inviting atmosphere. They were seated at the top balcony, which offered a breathtaking view of the surrounding countryside. A fire was crackling nearby, creating a cozy and romantic ambiance that set the mood for the evening.

Samus ordered her favorite cocktail and began to drink it eagerly. Palutena, on the other hand, seemed a bit hesitant and took a sip of her drink before putting it down. She took a deep breath and said, "Samus, there's something we need to talk about...It's about Adam."

Samus froze, unsure of how to respond. She knew that Palutena could see and know things that others couldn't, so it was possible that she already knew about her complicated history with Adam. Or maybe Pikachu had told her. Either way, Samus braced herself for the conversation ahead.

"Shit..." Samus uttered. "...Look, Pallas, I-I'm sorry about last night and--"

"Sammy, it's okay. And know that I love you so, so much...but I still want you to be happy. Maybe...you should see Pit. He's a licensed psychologist."

"For an angel that can't read." Samus chuckled. 

Palutena snickered a bit. "I pulled some strings on that...but seriously, I think you need help." 

Samus sighed. There was no getting out of this argument. Especially on date night. She tightened her grip on her cocktail and said, "Okay. I guess I'll see Pit next week." 

Palutena smiled and let her hand caress Samus' free hand. "Good. You know I love you, right?"

"Yep," Samus replied. "As much as I love you."

 After the date

It was 11:14 PM when Samus and Palutena's date came to a close. The goddess opened a portal back to Skyworld and kissed Samus goodbye. Samus whispered, "Love you."

"Love you too," Palutena replied as she stepped into the portal.

As soon as the portal closed, Samus and Pikachu walked into the living room of her apartment. She sat down on the couch and ate some steak that she had at the diner. Pikachu had already cooked a bowl of soup and licked from it, not needing a spoon to eat it. 

"Mmm..." Samus sighed. "I really should've brought you along."

"Yeah. That does look pretty tasty." Pikachu said.

The two finished their second dinner and Samus went to the workbench of her apartment. She then turned to Pikachu and said, "I'm gonna go work on my suit."

"Okay, I'll be outside." Pikachu stepped onto the balcony. 

Samus changed into her Zero Suit and began to work on her new Power Suit. She put a torch to one of the shoulder plates and the sparks flew and nearly hit her face. 

Pikachu stood on the railing on the balcony and sighed as he still remembered his friends from his childhood. Puka, Rhydon, and Jigglypuff. Namely, Puka because they were brothers first and friends last. 

"Puka..." Pikachu uttered.

It seems like our duo seems to still have loss within them...but little did they know, there was trouble coming.