Keeping a Secret

Larry's POV

Why does hiding your feelings for someone become so difficult? I want him all to myself, but he's already taken. That bitch; Jessica, only wants Lau for his money and fame. I don't care if she's a model, she wants everything. She doesn't even love him. She's probably talking to some dude behind his back (which she is). She makes me so uncomfortable and jealous when she straddles his lap and starts kissing him. And she knows this. That's why she does it in front of me.

Me and Laurent bought a penthouse together and she just had to move in with us. I wanted to be in Jessica's position but he wanted that snake. Right now, we are in the living room watching a movie. I'm sitting in a recliner chair with my legs pulled up to my chest. And Lau's arm is wrapped around Jessica. I can't stand Laurent holding that cheater. She's cheating on him and I have proof. How come you haven't told him? He's gonna be mad at you now because you've been keeping it a secret for too long. I had my reasons to keep it a secret. I tried my best to focus on the movie, but I couldn't stop glancing at them being happy.

I just broke up with Melissa because she's been cheating on me for years and I didn't know (just like what Jessica is doing). I always loved her, but she wanted me for my money and fame (just like Jessica). Caught her fucking in my room with another nigga. In my room?! In my house?! But let's forget about that girl. I couldn't look at them much longer, so I put my attention back on the screen. Let them be happy and let you be miserable for the rest of your life, I said to myself.

I have loved Laurent ever since I was 6.

6-years-old?

Yes, I was six years old when I gained feelings for him. I had a nightmare one night and we slept in different rooms. I was scared to stay in the room, so I made my way to Laurent's room. I knocked on the door and he groggily told me to come in.

"I had a nightmare, Lau. Can I sleep with you?" I whispered.

"Come on, Larry." He said, motioning me over. I walked to the bed and got in. He spooned me, making me feel safe in his arms. I snuggled into him and was able to go to sleep without any bad dreams. Sometimes I would wait til late at night just to sleep with him, even though I didn't have a nightmare. I just wanted his arms around me. And it was hard to cope when he had to stay in Guadeloupe with our family members for a year when he was 16.

I was crying for 2 months straight. I lost a lot of weight because I was grieving badly. Mami had to force me to eat. And when I did, I ate little. She thought me and Laurent were too close at the time. We always stayed by each other 24/7.

And when he came back, we gave each other a breathtaking hug. He picked me up and rocked me back and forth, me crying in the crook of his neck. We didn't let go for 4 hours. Our family left us alone, not wanting to ruin our moment. We had to sit on the couch, with me straddling his lap. I didn't want to ever let him go. I had butterflies the whole time. His arms were wrapped around my small waist, and my arms wrapped around his neck. I wanted to kiss him so badly, but I didn't want to ruin our relationship.

He made me sit up and face him. "Larry, I heard you weren't doing so well. Why haven't you been eating?" He asked, looking at my small frame with a concerned expression, caressing my waist. I blushed when he took hold of my waist. I looked away, not wanting to look at him.

"Larry, come on bébé, answer me." He grabbed my chin and made me face him again. I sighed and answered him. "After you left, I felt numb. I didn't want to eat, drink, or sleep. I needed you, but I couldn't get to see you. I missed you, Lau." A tear fell down my face as I started to sob. He quickly pulled me in and cooed at me. "Shhhh. It's okay, I'm here now. I love you, Lar." I snuggled into the crook of his neck and cried.