18. The Introductions

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"Sirius", he felt someone shake him by the shoulder, "Hey, Sirius. You have to wake up or you'll miss the train."

That was precisely what he was hoping for, but this someone decided to destroy his dreams, "Ugh... okay, okay."

When the boy opened his eyes, grey locked with hazel. Remus was sitting at the edge of the bed and, when Sirius propped himself on the elbows, he saw that the dorm was empty besides the two, "Where are James and Peter?"

Remus stood up and went towards Sirius' wardrobe, "They went to the station early to get us the same compartment like last time. Don't ask me why, I don't know."

Before the curly haired boy could answer, his head was brutally hit by a pair of black pants and silk black shirt. Dramatically, Sirius cried out while falling back into the mattress, "I need reinforcement immediately, someone help me!"

Remus was laughing at him in the background, but as soon as the fun was over, he ordered Sirius to get dressed so that they could finally go to the train station.

Unfortunately, he had to oblige. There was still not a single snowflake in sight, so the walk to the station wasn't as awful as it could have been. Halfway there, Sirius felt his stomach complaining about the lack of food he consumed in the last twenty-four hours, "I'm starving, let's hope that the trolly witch won't take too long."

From next to him, Remus just waved a dismissing hand, "Oh, don't worry about it. James, Peter and I got you breakfast. It's just some toast, it was the only thing we could pack—"

"See! This is why we are friends!", Sirius threw an arm over Remus' shoulder in gratitude almost causing the two to fall on the slippery stone, "What would I do without you lot!"

* * *

Before he knew it, the Hogwarts Express was coming to a stop at King's Cross station. Sirius really wasn't ready, but he didn't have any other choice.

Throughout the whole ride, the boys tried to cheer him up, which surprisingly worked. He was laughing with James and Remus while Peter demonstrated the scene in which he caught William and his girlfriend in the storage closet. But as soon as Sirius saw the beautiful greenery being replaced with concrete and buildings, all laughter died.

When Remus and Peter got up, he stayed put in his seat along with James next to him. The other two got their things and then came to a halt in front of the compartment door as soon as they noticed that James and Sirius haven't moved. Remus just looked at James and nodded, exiting the compartment closely followed by concerned Peter.

The silence filled the space. It seemed unnatural for such beautiful and happy compartment to be so silent. Sirius, as always, couldn't stand the quietness for too long, "What?"

When he glanced at James, the boy gave him a small smile, "Don't know. Guess I just wanted to keep you company for a bit longer."

Sirius' whole body filled with appreciation for the boy. He couldn't believe that someone like James Potter existed in this world. Someone so bright, positive and thoughtful. He was amazed at James' effort to show him that he cared.

"Thank you.", a small smile was now creeping its way onto Sirius' lips once more.

James patted him on the shoulder, "You'll write?"

"I'll try."

The two stayed seated until the last second. All of the other students left the train by the time they stepped onto the platform. Sirius' happiness ignited once more when he saw that Remus and Peter hadn't left yet. He would hate himself if he didn't say goodbye to them.

The boys were standing along with a group of parents.

"Junior!"

James waved excitedly towards the man, encouraging Sirius by pulling him on the arm to come with him. Sirius was now really smiling, just looking at his friend hugging his parents sparked some kind of joy in him.

He did feel sad seconds later. Why has he never got a hug from his mother? Why do his parents never get excited when they see him? Was that normal? It sure didn't seem normal now that he was looking at dozens of parents hugging and greeting their children.

James turned, nodding towards him, "Dad, this is Sirius.", he said smiling.

The man looked at him with the same smile James was wearing, you could easily see the resemblance, "Finally I get the privilege of meeting the famous Sirius. James has written so much about you.", he extended his hand, "Fleamont Potter."

This brought the joy back to Sirius' heart. James must really value their friendship if his dad couldn't wait to meet him. He gladly excepted the extended hand, already loving Mr. Potter' cheerful personality, "Sirius Black, nice to meet you, Sir."

James pulled on his arm again, now gesturing to the woman in front them, "And this is my mom.".

The woman somehow looked warm and kind, Sirius didn't even know that anyone could look like that. Repeating Mr. Potter's action, she extended her hand as well, "Hi dear, so nice to finally meet you. I'm Euphemia."

Before Sirius could returned the gesture and meet Remus' and Peter's folks as well, he felt some type of coldness creeping its way to his spine.

"Sirius."

It was a stern voice known very well to him, he just prayed that he can mask the unease in front of his friends. Like reading his mind, James took a protective step towards Sirius, making the two stand directly next to each other.

James smiled broadly, although Sirius could detect how fake it was, and, without an ounce of fear, spoke directly to none other than Walburga Black, "Hello. I'm James Potter., Sirius' friend.", he nodded politely at her.

Walburga's cold expression didn't even falter, she just gave him a single nod before looking at Mr. and Mrs. Potter, "Fleamont. Euphemia.", she gave them an up and down look.

It was safe to say that Sirius Black wanted to die from embarrassment. James' parents greeted him so nicely, he felt awful about the tone his mother used while acknowledging them.

But Mrs. Potter only smiled at her cold tone, "Hello, Walburga. James tells me he and Sirius are getting along nicely.", she nodded at the two boys, but Mrs. Black didn't move her gaze away from the woman.

Walburga put a hand on Sirius' shoulder to which the boy flinched. He hated himself for that, he didn't want anyone to know that he was actually scared of her, especially not her. While looking at the concrete floor, he could feel Remus and Peter now watching the exchange as well.

Walburga tugged on him to come closer, to which he obliged. She tilted her chin towards Sirius with eyes still fixated on Mrs. Potter, "Sirius.", he got the chills at her cold tone, "Nice to know that you made some friends.", her hold on his shoulder intensified, "We must be going now. Euphemia. Fleamont.", she nodded in a way to say goodbye to them and turned around without even acknowledging Remus or Peter or their parents.

Sirius didn't even get the chance to say goodbye to his three friends and their families. All he managed was a slight wave before his mother pulled him away from the group. He saw Remus' sad smile, Peter' concerned look and James' angry face as they all waved back at him.

With the grip on his shoulder intensifying by the second, Walburga looked at Sirius with cold, emotionless eyes, "We will be talking about your little friends later.", she hissed at him before apparating them. He already knew where they were going.