"What's wrong?"

"Nothing, it's nothing."

"Come on, you can tell me."

Kai stared at the ground.

Beomgyu decided it'd be best to not press it any further, but then Kai spoke the words he innerly dreaded.

"My flight back is tomorrow."

A soft gasp escaped his lips.

"Tomorrow?"

"Yeah... I completely forgot about it—"

His words were cut off with Beomgyu's phone buzzing. He hastily grabbed his device, and checked what was on his screen display.

It was a notification from the reminders app.

Flight back to Seoul tomorrow.

The light in Beomgyu's eyes faded, and his face dropped as he looked back at Kai's solemn face, glancing in his direction.

"So... so am I," he managed to squeeze out.

The two fell silent.

All that could be heard was the sounds of nature, but that wasn't enough to calm their newly formed troubles.

Neither of them... were ready to leave so soon.

+x+

🎶: 'Animal' by Troye Sivan

The rest of their day was spent inside the house.

And for once, it was not because of the poor weather.

Although, a light drizzle had begun, and it transformed into a proper rain by the time the sun had gone to sleep.

For the first time in forever, the lights downstairs had been switched on to give illuminance to that particular area of the house.

But none of that really mattered.

What mattered was the heavy feeling both Beomgyu and Kai felt in their chests as they packed their things.

Kai placed all of his clothes, divided into clean and dirty, into his suitcase, placed his Goguma plushie in between, as well as his pencil case and other miscellaneous items, before zipping it close.

His notebooks were tucked into his carry-on bag, as he wanted his most precious things near to him when he was on the plane, and so were his headphones, wallet, and he would put his phone in there once it finishes charging too.

A sigh left his lips.

I don't want to go back... it's too soon.

But at the same time, the truth cannot be denied. It's already been a little over two weeks since he came here, the amount of time he originally came for, and he was sure that spending so much money on his trip hadn't been a piece of cake for Lea and Bahiyyih.

It's just... he knew he would miss Beomgyu terribly.

Kai walked downstairs later to find Beomgyu sitting on the couch, looking through his Polaroids. Having nothing else to do, he joined him, placing something behind his back.

"Everything okay?" he asked.

Beomgyu sighed.

"Just thinking."

He lowered the polaroid, showing Kai a picture of his friends.

"It's... crazy to think that I've been here for a month. So much happened, and... it's all because I met you."