Chapter IX - You Look More Happier

Începe de la început

"No!" Satoru continues to run ahead of his mentor, his smile never disappearing the entire time he was playing with her.

Eventually the two had ended up playing at the sandbox; or, rather, (Y/n) would simply just be watching Satoru trying to make his own sand castle, with the plastic tools that were provided by the area.

As fun as it was in spending the afternoon with (Y/n), Satoru couldn't help but to suspect a hidden motive behind this random decision; it's almost been a month since the fight had happened, so it was safe to assume that it was out of the blue, "(L/n)-san, if you're student, then you have friends, right?" The first possibility that came to his mind was a possibility of loneliness; thinking about it now, (Y/n) had never mentioned much about her classes, nor her classmates.

(Y/n) blinks, "Where is this coming from?" She asks genuinely.

"I mean..." Satoru's gaze is focused on the tower of the sand castle he was finishing up on, poking in holes, with a single finger, to create the windows, "--..in the books you gave me, school always have classes where there's a lot of people in each of them. Isn't that the same way for you?"

"Not really.." (Y/n) replies back awkwardly, "These days it's rather rare for jujutsu sorcerers to come around these days, especially at Jujutsu Tech. Our numbers will only decay at the years go on, if anything. As for my class, there's only four of us, including me; but, everyone is always off doing missing that will help them go up the ranks, because they're all third grade sorcerers. As fun as it would be to ask them to hang out, it isn't as easy for them to make time for me. Not even my underclassmen, unfortunately."

Satoru rephrases her words rather bluntly, "So then you have nobody but me? That must suck." It wasn't an insult, but (Y/n) had still took it to the heart.

(Y/n) slumps down her head, "You don't have to say it like that..." She struggles to hide the blush that colored her cheeks, so she just looks the other way when she raises her head, "I'm already well aware of that reality either way, so you don't have to remind me. And it's not like I can find someone to get attached to...whether it's as a friend or..." Her eyes wander to what would be in her view, finding a couple amongst the civilians that were strolling around the park; she could tell they were a couple because they were sharing one ice cream, feeding each other while taking turns and looking at each other with nothing but love. The laughing that she can hear from where she sat didn't make it any better, nor the small kiss that they would share, "--...someone special..." She shakes away that thought and concludes, "I don't need a bunch of friends to be happy. I have you, Satoru-kun. Isn't that enough?"

Satoru hums, "Yeah, I guess." He would then ask with concern, "But if you don't count me, that means you really don't have anybody else, right? Isn't that lonely?"

"That's..." (Y/n) doesn't even have the heart to sugarcoat the truth, "Yeah. It is." She portrays a saddened smile when she reveals, "But it's because I'm super strong that I have to stay alone. It's better this way." She then flicks a finger on Satoru's forehead, "But that doesn't mean you're going to do the same once you're all big and strong; you're going to make a bunch of friends, you hear me? And they're all going to love you, just as much as you will love them."

Satoru couldn't take the words seriously, amused by (Y/n)'s choice of words when she addresses him, rather than being even more concerned about what (Y/n) had initially said, "Then, I'll tell my friends to be your friends! That way we can both be happy and love them at the same time!"

(Y/n) giggles, "Thank you, Satoru-kun."

The loving moment doesn't last for long, because (Y/n)'s phone rings and she has to pause the conversation so that can pick up the phone. She deadpanned at the name that spelled out her homeroom teacher, and she can already anticipate the coming of a mission or some crucial information on the bounty hunters that invaded the Gojo House a few weeks back.