🎭Film 3 🎭

Once again, the ticking goes off, sounding from the projector as the black screen lights up with a faded grey. Numbers display themselves on the screen as the countdown starts.

Here we go!

Film:  ESCAPADE - THE LAST KISS

Film writer: iMeGiNeSoN

Cover: 9/10

The cover is simple, but it contains elements that are related to the story. The depiction of Yoongi is clear and the butterflies are placed suitably. I also love the font and colouring of the title. 

Title: 10/10

Not only is the title original and weirdly angelic sounding, but it matches well with the story. 

Blurb: 10/10

The blurb is perfect. The paragraphs are short and convey the story to the readers whilst still maintaining a sense of mystery. The questions at the ending of the blurb urge the reader to enter the story for answers. Honestly, amazing work. 

Plot: 8/10

I'm going to be honest, I was slightly confused at times at where the plot was going. As it's a very complicated and detailed plot, it was easy to get tangled up in some of the intricate details. I personally didn't mind this as I believed the ending would sort the story out, but some readers may be turned off by this. 

Other than that, the story was amazing. The author slowly built up from the rage of an abuse victim and their desire for justice to the totally unexpected and bittersweet ending. 

Characters: 10/10

All of the characters in this book felt real and their dialogue was genuine. I felt myself empathize with the main protagonist while feeling conflicted for the rest of the characters. I also like how the author didn't shy away from showing that even supreme beings are capable of commuting heinous crimes. The author also added in commentary to clarify some of the characters and their origins, and I thought that was pretty neat. 

Grammar/Spelling: 9/10

Honestly, the grammar and spelling was just short of perfection. There was a wide variety of vocabulary used, even some of which I needed to look up. Occasionally I spotted mistakes in certain words with past tense/present tense. An occasional misspelling and missing of words such as in the blurb - "Did the angel escape or will be punished" - I would recommend adding in a noun, "Will he be punished" or "Will they be punished", you may even consider switching 'Will' for the past tense, "Was." 

Flow: 10/10

I believe the story flowed perfectly. The author slowly revealed the secrets to the reader with time. 

Writing style: 8/10

Firstly, I would like to begin with the fact that I love the author's writing. It is incredibly poetic, and is so very descriptive. As I said earlier, they included a large portion of vocabulary that is not commonly used and I learned something new from it. While this is a great thing in a sense, too much of this may cause some readers to get caught away in the description and stray from the storyline. Some may break from the immersion in the story because of large words that they cannot understand. 

Another thing is that with the character's dialogue, there were occasions in which I was confused as to who was talking at the time. 

On a lighter note, however, I really loved the portions of the story in which the author explained the origins and descriptions of their characters and the places. I also loved their interaction with the readers underneath each chapter where they asked the readers questions about their perception of the story. 

Originality: 10/10

The world building was fantastic, honestly.  The mix of different mythologies and the multiverse concept intertwined in the story was incredibly creative. The storyline itself was unpredictable and suspenseful. 

Personal enjoyment: 9/10

While there were some occasions in which I was slightly confused by the story, I mostly enjoyed reading. The story was full of imaginative creations beyond the realms of earth and descriptions as poetic as a sonnet. The ending was spectacularly dramatic and unexpected. I only hope the author has time to reread and edit to improve the minor details in the story so that it may be even better than what it is. 

Total: 93/100

Let me know what you think! >

Too immersed in the movie, you didn't notice the projector had turned off until the screen in front of you had turned off.

Your friend turned to you, a massive smile on her face. "Did you see that?" She exclaimed, giddily. Your other friend piped up as well. "It was awesome! I loved it so much!"

You nodded frivolously. "Me too! I can't wait to see the next one!" You agreed.

There was a cute squeal through the car as the projector ticked again. The numbers 3,2, and 1 slowly appeared on the screen. You tensed up in excitement, waiting for the next film to play.

Coming here was such a great idea!