Chapter 1

"Answer me, Vampire."

Trevor stood before him with fire in his eyes.  He should have known better than to trust him. It's in his nature, after all. This kind of savagery.

Alucard looked back at him with a bit of confusion in his eyes. The confusion quickly turned humorus, and a little chuckle escaped Alucards lips, causing Trevor to lose his temper even faster than usual for him. Maybe he had been drinking more than usual.

"Honestly Belmont, you mean to tell me after everything we've been through, you still don't trust this Vampire, I'm hurt"- Alucard smirked back at him as his tone clearly bore sarcasm. But when Trevor didn't make a snarky comeback like usual, Alucard was caught off guard. He became unsure now.
Alucard paused for a moment, Trevor never dropped his gaze on him, and not a single feature on his face gave him away. Was Trevor serious?

The thought made Alucard feel a twist of pain in his chest. After all, he understood before, Trevor's lack of trust for him given who he is and who his family were and all. The likelihood of a Belmont and a Dracula becoming friends is so slim that it hasn't actually ever happened before as far as history dates back.

Trevor hadn't moved an inch from where he stood, his gaze never leaving Alucards.

"I said, answer me Alucard"

Alucard immediately straightened. He hadn't even realized that he was lost in his thoughts now, a bit spaced out.
Still unsure with where this conversation was going and how to respond, was Trevor fucking with him? He promptly composed himself  and spoke up, hoping not to aggravate him more than necessary, which usually was the opposite of what the pair did in terms of conversation. Alucard kept eyecontact with Trevor, mirroring the serious tone as he spoke.

"I don't know what you're insinuating, Belmont." He looked at him with a relaxed but stern face. Mild anxiety now hiding behind hid eyes. He wasn't going to let a single feature on his face so much as tweak.

"You mean to tell me those dead people out there with their guts spattered all over the trees wasn't your doing then?".  "only something with a monstrues nature could do something like that, and as far as I can see, you're the only monster around."

Trevors statement left Alucard stunned, his eyes widened a bit in suprise. Something. A monster. Not a friend, not even a person apparently.
Disbelief and shock was all Alucard could feel as the accusation left Trevor's lips. He could tell by Trevor's tone and steady heartbeat that he meant every word.  Alucard instinctively wanted to hiss at Trevor to piss off but he had to take a deep breath instead. He didn't know how Trevor meant to proceed with this conversation and he needed to stay calm.

"I did no such thing."

Alucard turned around with his back facing Trevor. Despite himself he was becoming annoyed now. He ran a hand through his golden hair as he took a deep breath. Angry as he was, Alucard slowly turned back to face him again, making sure to flash his fangs as much as he possibly could without looking too threatening.

"And exactly how long do you plan to hold my so called nature against me Belmont?"

Trevor reached for his wip, taking a semi fighting stand. The air becoming more and more hostile by the second.

"I'd put those fangs away If I were you" - His hand on his whip tightened.

"And if I don't?"- Alucard said with a deep angry tone, clearly no longer in a amusing mood.

.....

A couple seconds , or it felt like a few seconds. For a moment it felt like time had stopped, everything went quiet except the sound of Alucards and Trevors breathing. Their brains had yet to register what had just happened. At first, Alucard felt an intense heat from his chest, and soon that heat turned painful. Unusually painful. He looked down and his eyes widened in suprised when he saw the deep wound stretching from his stomatch to his chest. His small intake of breath got caught in his throat at the sight.  He reached a hand down to touch the wound and pulled back swiftly at the contact. His hand was covered in a deep red, the burning sensation growing more alarming than he would show as the realization of what just happened dawned down on him.