Chapter 6

"This is really good." Park Jirayu raise his head from the report he was reading. "Do you think you can give me the results of the third testing by the end of the second quarter?"

Nunew along with Gummy and Ton nod their heads in response. They are the team who studies the possible oral drug against dengue virus.
"We just have to identify the next compound target." Nunew said.

"Good, if we succeed with this, it will be a breakthrough in dengue therapeutics. This will not only help Thailand but it would vital to countries suffering epidemic and hyperendemic dengue. I really hope we can finish this in time for the sixty-second annual meeting of ASTMH, we can present this study." Their boss, Jirayu was referring to The American Society of Topical Medicine Hygiene.

Then, President Park's cellphone rings and interrupted them as the man immediately answer it. The President's face lightens up and three just look at each other. There's only one reason for the sudden change in their boss' aura.

"Stella!"

The three of them smirked. Lee Stella was the President's fiancee.
The President look at the three and then cover the mouth piece of his phone. "I'll wait for the results by the end of the week. It's already five thirty guys, you can leave now."

They wanted to tease their boss about going home early but decided not to. Jirayu used to be a slave driver but since his engagement with Stella, he had mellowed down. He was still a perfectionist but now goes home early.

Gummy deeply sighed when they reach the hallway as she thinks about his boss and his fiancee. "Oh Prince Charming, where art thou? When will you find me?"

Nunew smiled while Ton just shrug. "Prince Charming and Knight in Shining armor are so overrated. I want a bad boy." Ton said.

"Bad boys are overrated too!" Gummy pull Nunew's arms. "Right NhuNu?"

Nunew just smile. His exes aren't bad boys. He can't exactly say they are Prince Charming or Knight in Shining Armor either. They were decent and that's all. Well, as for his current fuck buddy.

His blood hummed as be imagined those dark almond shape eyes. "No comment." That's all he can say.

His two collegues widens their eyes in surprise. Seems like their friend is hiding something. "Ya! Come on, Nhu. Spill!" Gummy is like a koala clinging to his arms while Ton giggles.

"Nothing." He was save when his phone vibrated. "Phone call. Be quiet."

"Hmp! What are friends for if we don't talk about each other's secret?" Gummy complains. Gummy let go of Nunew's arm and now clinging to Ton as they went back to their respective office rooms.

Nunew just shook his head and then answer his phone call. "Hallo~ Nat."

"Are you free tonight Jelly?"

His brows furrowed when he heard Nat's tone of voice. "What's wrong, Nat?"

He heard Nat sighed. "Oh nothing. I just wanted to be with someone when I watch the Cutie Pie Marathon. You can sleep here tonight, Jelly. You have your clothes here."

Nunew got even more worried. For Nat, watching the said TV drama is equivalent to eating buckets and buckets of icecream for girls who had their heart broken.

"I can't tonight, Jelly. Tonight is Harit's shop opening party. What's wrong Nat? Is the man you are with on my birthday a certified asshole? I thought you said he's nice."

"He is nice, Nhu, but I don't know... I... I'm afraid."

Nunew enters his office and smile to everyone he sees. He sat on his desk and put his sole focus on his friend on the phone.