Darkness

Giyu's Pov

Darkness. Pure darkness. I couldn't see shit. I feel light headed, nauseous and i have an annoying headache. What could worsen up that. Nothing, right? Wrong.

After a long time of being in the darkness everything went white. It almost blinded my eyes but we don't care about that. After getting used to the brightness i started to look around.

Is this some sort of nightmare? A lucid dream? I have no fucking idea. I walked and walked and guess what? Walked a bit more. I walked until i got tired. I layed on the ground looking up.

" if this is a dream i should be able to do something i guess" i said out loud because i just simply couldn't think all i could do is talk. Then it hit me.

I am inside my mind.

"Why is it so empty?" I asked myself. I got an idea to think of something to see if it can appear in front of me. "Think, think think" i said trying to come up with something. "A unicorn having a rainbow as it's pet" i said

It actually appeared in front of me. Not kidding. An actual unicorn with a rainbow pet. The unicorn looked gay af ngl..

With a blink if an eye they were gone. "What-" i said shocked that just like that they were really gone. "Isn't this my mind tho-?" I asked myself questioning myself.

Slowly it became dark again like it was a movie theatre and the movie was beginning. It didn't take long and it was already pitch black. I couldn't see anything.

I started hearing this really annoying peeping sound that just continued and continued. It's like a static noise. In the black there appeared an eye. Strange..

The eye looked directly at me like it was scanning me and reading my mind. It felt extremely uncomfortable. The eye changed its shape to like it was smiling without a mouth.

It opened wide open and at the same millisecond dozens of eyes appeared around me. "What-" i asked out loud. I didn't say anything for a while and just looked around me. It seemed like the eyes stared directly at me.

However the silence wasn't so long after all. After a while of the eyes just staring at me dozens of mouths appeared just like the eyes did. They started talking. It didn't take me long to understand that they were talking shit about me.

"You're just useless" "you can't do anything right" " how are you even a hashira anymore" "sabito will take your place as a hashira fully after you recover" "sabito became a demon and he's still a hashira taking your place" "how can you be so selfish" "arrogant bastard"

"Please stop please stop please stop please stop.." I started muttering to myself as the insults just became more and more personal. "Shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up" I just kept saying and saying. I felt like i was going crazy.

"The villagers should have put you in that mental hospital" "they were right you are crazy" "how could your sister sacrifice herself in the first place to someone like you" "just go kill yourself" "everyone would be happier without you"

The insults just kept coming and coming. I couldn't stop them so I just kept muttering. "Shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up..." I really thought I was going crazy as the voices just kept going and going.

Suddenly it was silent, no insults, no speaking, it was finally quiet. I got up in a standing position and looked around. I couldn't see anything because it was pitch black in there.

I felt like I was standing on a different ground. I look at my feet to actually realize that i'm standing on a cliff.

On the edge of a cliff.

I can't see how deep the drop is. Being slightly scared of high places is not good in this situation. I feel dizzy looking down and I almost fall backwards. I look up trying to someway move away.

I couldn't do it. I can't do anything else than jump. It's like a game where you have two options to pick
A) jump
B) stand and look down

The voices came back. Which did not help picking the right option. If I jump down I will die. It can be an instant death or a slow and painful one. I definitely don't want a slow and painful death that's one thing i'm sure of.

And if I just stand here and look down I will doubt my decision and jump anyway. So now the options became two separate things leading to the same.

And if I somehow managed to get out of here meaning I won't be stuck inside my own mind I might wake up to see that Makomo, Sabito nor Nee-san actually came back to life.

Then it all would just be miserable again. I would lose the emotions I have gotten back and will just be the fake hashira all over again.

Maybe the thing that the three came back to life was just the trick made by my mind trying to do an illusion. And if that is. It worked really well in my opinion.

But what is actually true and what's not?

///////

Word count: 909 🏃🐈‍⬛

I got no idea if I should-

A) make this all just a trick made by Giyu's mind

Or

B) reality that actually happened

What do y'all think?