1.2

"Olive, I'm back!"my dad walked through the front door after a weekend of racing. "Hey baby girl."he smiled as soon as he saw me standing with my back towards the window. "You're still mad."he said as he saw my face. "I am mad but I also understand it."I sighed. "So?"my dad put down his bags and looked at me. "I talked to gramps."I started telling him. "And we talked for about two hours, before I made the decision."My dad raised his eyebrows. "You can't make a decision if I already told you no."he said. "But it is my career and my chance at getting into F1 on my own."I knew that this was gonna be hard. "If I do this on your terms dad."I started talking. "Then people will talk about me an say things like I got my seat in F1 because of you."the anger on his face did not disappear. " I want to do this on my own, not because I am the daughter of seven times world champion Lewis Hamilton."I said. "But you are racing under your mothers name."he said. "And I do not want you to race for a RedBull sponsored team."I sighed. "I knew that you would not be okay with it, but my manager is."I said and with that my granddad walked out.

"Dad, I can't believe you went behind my back."my dad said to his father. "I know you Lewis, and you were just as stubborn as she is. If she wants this, let her make the decision on her own. She's an adult."my granddad said. "And her mother signed of on that it's okay for her to drive for Hitec Pulse-Eight."my dad was furious. The look on his face was one I had seen before, not that many times but I knew it was about the blow up. "Olive, would you please go to your room."my dad hissed. "No."I said. "Olive."my dad said angrily. "It is my choice, and not yours, not granddad's. Mine."I said. "I am 21 years old and I can decide for which team I can drive."I knew that standing up to my dad would be tough, but it had to be done. "I will be racing under Mum's last name, but I would like to eventually race under the name Hamilton."I said. "No Hamilton will race in a team that has anything to do with RedBull."my dad said. "Then I'll keep mum's last name."a tear rolled down my cheek.

"This is my dream dad, and you are crushing it."with those words I walked to my room.

Leaving my dad and granddad to talk about everything that had happened. I can't believe that someone has such a hatred towards a team, that you wouldn't let your child race for that team. But I am raised to be who I want to be and to believe in what I believe.