❛ 第一章 ❜

(ง•̀ᗝ•́)ง
⏤ ⏤ ✎ .ೃ an opportunity .

"HEY, LET'S TAKE a break. i've been practicing since before the sun rose!" hayato complained as he turned to a crewman who was in-charge of looking after him.

the crewman initiated a quick motion to the young adult before escorting him out of the cell. from how easy it was to persuade the crewmate, hayato could only assume that the man himself needed a break from constantly watching him since the start of the day.

hayato felt the wind breeze past him as he climbed up to the ship's deck, his purple hair flowing with wind. the young adult was instructed to stand and wait patiently while the crewman went back down to fetch his sister.

not long eventually, a young lady looking no older than eighteen was brought up on deck. (name) was seen to be fixing the strap that held her arrows frustratingly as the wind blew her purple hair in her face.

hayato's muffled laughter ticked (name) off even more. she was about to pull out one of her arrows to stab her brother when she was stopped by a crewman's hand on a wrist.

the young lady clicked her tongue and shoved the hand away.

"come on, let's quickly go before the captain gets back." the same crewman from before motioned the sibling pair to make a move on, with a few other crewmen following behind.

—two years. it had been two whole years since the capture of hayato and (name), and two whole years since the sinking of hirano aoto's ship.

neither of the two knew exactly why they were still held captive, let alone being ordered to practice their individual skills to the best of their abilities.

heck, they were trained to their limit with their bodies painted head to toe with bruises and scars. it was not like they were of use anyway, for they were not forced to participate in any piracy activity. and (name) knew, that was the other main reason why the pair were spared.—

the purple haired duo were led to a bar on the island they docked at. "half an hour. then we'll come back to get you. when i get back, i better not hear from these men," the crewman shoved two guards towards them. "that you two attempted to leave."

the pair playfully saluted before they turned to enter the bar with mocking faces. "when have we ever?"

(name) quickly found a table —next to a boy with a straw hat and a pink-haired boy— and sat down with hayato following suit. soon enough, waiter came by to take their orders.

just as the waiter left, the doors of the bar opened, revealing a green-haired man dragging a sack by his feet. he then hoisted the said sack onto a high-chair and began ordering.

nearby, a orange-haired lady sat leaned against a pillar with a drink in her hand. examining the numerous marine soldiers in the bar, a tall soldier went ahead to ask her if he could buy her a drink.

"too tall." was all the orange-haired lady had told him as she went back to examining. just as she did, a shorter marine soldier brisked past them with two glasses in his hand, causing the young lady to lift her legs off the structure she sat at saunter towards the said soldier.

"i feel an opportunity for us to escape arising, (name)!" hayato whispered as he popped a fishcake in his mouth.

his sister briefly glanced at him from her bowl of noodles. "this better not be a false call, hayato."