If she still knew her brother at all, she knew that was hard for him to say. And she had to admit she had never thought about it his way. "I'm sorry too," She said. "I guess I get it when you say it that way. But you weren't a burden–we were all sad when you left."

"You never seemed very glad to see me when I visited." He pointed out.

"I know." She looked down, watching her shoes on the paisley patterned red carpet. "I'm sorry. It's just . . . it was weird. I got used to things without you. And you seemed so different. You dressed all fashionable, and had lots of pictures of your new friends, and we just didn't talk about the same things we used to."

"Because we weren't the same people we used to be, Nya." Kai said. "You weren't the same either. You cut your hair, and you seemed like such a grownup schoolgirl, always studying your books or bringing your fancy girlfriends around for tea."

"They weren't really my friends." Nya explained. "I mean, I hung around them at school, but I wasn't quite part of their group. I just brought them around because they wanted to see you."

"They did?" He stared at her, and she almost laughed at how surprised he was. He shouldn't be–he was famous, after all. Why else would they be leaving on tour that very day?

"Of course. Just because I've never listened to your music doesn't mean nobody my age does."

He stopped in his tracks. "You've never listened to my music?"

"Did you think I would've, after what I just told you? Your music reminded me that you'd left! Besides, I don't listen to pop. And even though the other girls at school listened to it, they never did when I was around. I guess they thought it was weird."

"But you and Wu never watched our music competitions on t.v., or anything?"

"He offered," She admitted. "But it was so weird to see you on the screen. He even offered to fly me out to go see you perform when you sent me tickets. But I didn't want to miss school, and besides, I knew if I gave the girls free tickets they would like me."

"But you never listened to any of our songs?" Kai reiterated. He couldn't seem to get past the realization.

"Not fully, anyway, and not by choice. I sometimes saw Wu watching your music videos or t.v. appearances. But not often. I just never had much time to listen to music." She felt very guilty, partially because he was her brother and she should've supported him, and partially because she wasn't exactly telling the truth. A few times, when she had felt especially lonely, she'd lie in bed at night and look up Kai's solos and interviews online, and watch the videos just to hear his voice again. But that had only been a few times in the many years he'd been away. And she hadn't listened to whole songs.

"Well, you're in for a treat then, I guess." He said, returning to his usual overconfident self. "I'll make sure to get tickets for you to at least one of our shows."

"Thanks." She reminded herself this was only for a week.

They walked up a staircase, then turned left, Kai consulting a map on his phone. Finally, they stopped in front of one of the numbered doors.

"This is yours." He handed her a key card in a paper sleeve. "I've got to go rehearse with the others, I'm going to be late. Dinner's at six." And with that he left.

Nya stood outside her door for a moment, then pulled out the card and pressed it to the lock mechanism, which clicked and flashed green. She opened the door and tugged her suitcase inside.

The cabin was well-kept, although simple decor-wise and a bit outdated. It was about the size of a small hotel room, longer than it was wide, with a big window in the far wall. The double bed was also at the back of the room, and was made with fresh blue and white covers, which somehow went strangely well with the red carpet that continued in from the hall. Other than that, the room had normal hotel room type things–a desk, built-in sofa, television, and a fogged glass door that led to the adjoined bathroom.