Love, Lust And Lobster

Comenzar desde el principio

It was this tired surgeon's dream to discover her thoughtful gesture from a cute note. The note was on the outside of the food bag in the refrigerator that said, "Hope this helps so your night goes off without a hitch! Love, Mom."

'Without a hitch.' I laughed as I thought about all the phrases and sayings my Mom uses and that particular one I had heard lots throughout my life. Thanks to my Mom, I was now running way ahead of schedule, which was perfect. It would give me extra time to set up a few things. 

I first went out back and opened up my outdoor cooking station, or 'hut,' as Sophia has always called it. I had planned on cooking for Callie that evening while she sat at the bar and watched me. I thought it would make for a fun night with me serving her things along the way and us just spending time, alone for a change.

I strategically placed and turned on our electric candles we use throughout our house, the treehouse and along the cooking area. I refilled our tiki torches with citronella oil and made sure they were lit. Mosquitoes love to bite me for some reason, but having the torches with citronella oil seems to help. Plus, I just love the way they look as they illuminate the pathways and flower beds in the backyard.

After the outside was ready, I went inside to change. Normally I tend to wear dresses to look sexy for Callie, but since we were at home that night, I decided to do 'sexy,' a little differently. 

Admittedly Callie finds me sexy no matter if I'm wearing nothing or wearing 8 layers of clothing. She's made it known over the years that she's attracted to me, no matter how I present myself. However, after all these years I'm also keenly aware of the other looks I don that drive her wild. So, what kind of woman would I be if I didn't take advantage of that knowledge from time to time?

That particular evening, I decided to dress more casual as I know Callie also loves seeing me more, 'sporty' as much as she loves my sexy, seductive look. So, I braided my hair into pigtails, which benefited me while cooking, redid my make-up and headed to our closet.

I threw on my new pair of jeans I had shopped for yesterday, but had purchased today from the department store I bought Callie's gifts from. I had purposely bought them, because I knew the cut would fit me a little looser than I normally wear my jeans. They were a boyfriend cut, so they were straighter through my hips and waist, which, was also something Callie would love to see me wear.

I paired the lighter, distressed jeans with a, chunky brown belt and a tighter fitting, 3-button, blue heather-colored Henley that showed my cleavage thanks to the two buttons I left open. Since the weather was warm, I slipped on a pair of brown leather flip-flops that had a more casual appearance and fit the outfit perfectly.

Next, I tied a ribbon around the department store garment box and placed it on the bed with an attached note. I decided that I wanted Callie to be comfortable that night too and bought her black yoga pants she had been needing since her other favorite pair developed a hole in the right knee. She would need them for the remainder of the Summer, but especially for our beach trip coming up in August.

I also purchased Callie a new deep raspberry colored short-sleeve cotton shirt to go along with her pants. Growing up, my Mom used to buy us new outfits from time to time, just because. She has always said a new pair of clothes, is like a new start. She was right about that because every time my Mom gave me new clothes, I always felt a little bit more confident about how I looked and felt. It was as if the clothes made me feel like a different girl, a better version of me, even if it was only for a moment. 

After what happened last Monday night, I thought Callie and myself were in need of a reset on our lives. So, I was hoping between the new clothes, the food and the time together, that Callie and I could get our lives put back together and back on track that Thursday night. Now, all I needed to do was wait for Callie to come home. It was 5 pm and still no word from her yet.