Dreams || Legolas - Part 2

Start from the beginning

At his words, I can no longer hold the tears back, my body shaking slightly as I silently cry against Legolas' shoulder.

Legolas holds you closer, his voice full of warmth and tenderness as he speaks to you. "Let it all out, (Y/n)." His arms wrap around you, offering a safe haven for your sobs and tears. He rubs your back gently, trying to provide comfort and reassurance. He knows that his words aren't enough to heal your wounds, but he hopes that his warmth can at least make this moment a little more bearable.

After a few minutes my sobs lessen and I pull back and look at Legolas.

"Thank you, Prince Legolas." I thank, my face stained with tears.

"Of course, (Y/n)," Legolas says gently, his tone still sounding empathetic and gentle. He offers you a reassuring smile, hoping to lift your spirits ever so slightly. "It's the least I can do." His hands softly cup your face, his eyes looking into yours with honesty and understanding. "Is there anything else I can do to make you feel better?" he asks, his voice full of concern and worry. He wants to do anything and everything he can to ease your pain, however small it might be.

"I need a distrcation, I want to do something fun." I say, drying my eyes and face on my sleeves.

"A distraction, you say?" Legolas thinks about what would be the best thing to cheer you up under these circumstances, and he eventually settles on a simple but fun activity. "How about a game of archery?" he suggests, his tone light and playful. "It'll be a good way to pass the time and take your mind off things. And who knows, maybe you'll even hit the target a few times." His eyes sparkle with amusement as he makes the suggestion, eager to try and put a smile on your face once again.

I smirk.

"I think youre a bit muddled up there, Prince Legolas. you would be the one lucky to bit the target."

"Oh? Is that a challenge?" says Legolas, his eyes twinkling with excitement. "Very well then, let us see if your skills match up to your words." He steps back and gestures for you to follow him, making his way to an open area in the woods. "Come, (Y/n), let's see who is the better archer." He smiles at you as he pulls an arrow out of the quiver he is carrying, its tip glistening in the sunlight. "Ready to begin?" he asks, his tone full of bravado and confidence.

I pull out my own bow, notching an arrow from my own quiver to the string.

Legolas takes a position opposite you, facing you with a playful grin as if waiting for you to fire the first arrow. "Ladies first," he says, gesturing to your bow. "Let's see what you've got." He steps back, ready to fire his own arrow the moment that yours is loosed from the string. He is confident in his archery skills, but he still holds back a bit, as if holding out hope that you might be able to surprise him with your own skill and perhaps even win the competition.

I pull the arrow back, my form perfect, and release the arrow within a second. The quick drawback and release startling the elven prince at my side. His eyes widen as my arrow hits the dead centre of a tree that is a mile away.

Legolas's expression is one of pure surprise the moment that your arrow hits the middle of the target a mile away. He was expecting a good shot, but nothing like this. His eyes glint with admiration as he turns back to you and smiles. "You're quite the archer, (Y/n)." He steps closer to you, his tone sounding impressed and awestruck. "Where did you learn to shoot like that?" he asks, his eyes filled with genuine curiosity.

"I taught myself. My father thinks that archery is no skill for a woman, a princess no less, but I was determined."

"Your father was wrong," says Legolas, his tone sounding proud and impressed as he looks at your bow. "Archery is a skill for anyone who has the ability and drive to learn it. And you've clearly mastered it, (Y/n)." The warmth in his voice and the look of admiration in his eyes don't leave the slightest doubt in his mind. "You must be very determined to teach yourself and become so skilled at something that your father doesn't believe in." He offers you a playful grin as he speaks, his eyes glistening with admiration.