Unlikely Parents | Behind

Kim Leona, A woman who holds the air of authority everywhere she goes. Your sorority's best sister as well as the most influential one in town. A woman who's always the centre of attention and admiration, a woman who has a remarkable charm that not even her professors could ignore. A woman that tops everyone in her class, may it be in appearance or intelligence. She was just that kind of woman. One to be idolized.

Of course, a woman like her could also be a victim of her friend's annoying pranks.

" Marissa Lee,"  Leona sighs tiredly, hoping that her lack of energy is picked up across the other end of the line. "What did you get me into now?" She pointedly asked, glaring at the email she received not a moment later.

Leona heeds a snicker that was soon covered up, making her roll her eyes. "M-me?" Marissa became quiet for a second, probably went and muted her mic to laugh. "I didn't do– I didn't do anything!"

"Then can you please explain why you're having a hard time containing your laughter?"

"What? I'm not laughing..."

"If you don't explain to me what the ever the hell "Unlikely Parents" is, I swear to God, I will–"

"Okay! Okay!" Leona sighs again, this time in relief when her friend gave in. "I signed you up for a reality show!"

Alarmed, Leona flung herself up with large eyes. "You did what??"

"A reality show!"

"What kind?!"

"Uh, check your email maybe?"

Leona wasted no time when those words registered in her mind. She leaned closer to the laptop, reading the email under her breath.

Subject: "You're accepted to join the reality show 'Unlikely Parents'!

Dear Kim Leona,

Congratulations! We are thrilled to inform you that you have been selected to participate in the upcoming reality show "Unlikely Parents" as a cast member. This show is all about two unlikely parents who come from different walks of life but are forced to take care of a child together for a whole month. It's a unique opportunity to explore the meaning of parenthood, learn about the challenges of raising a child, and discover the human connections that can emerge from unexpected circumstances.

As a cast member, you will be given a list of challenges to complete and will be scored on your parenting skills, problem-solving abilities, and overall compatibility with your co-parent. You will also have the chance to share your unique perspectives and experiences with the world, and maybe even learn a thing or two from your co-parent.

We will be providing all necessary accommodation and support throughout the duration of the show. You will live together in a house with your co-parent and the child, while we film your every move. You will have the opportunity to showcase your parenting style, overcome obstacles, and create memorable moments that will make for thrilling television.

We're excited to have you on the show and are confident that you will make an impact. Please let us know as soon as possible if you are interested in participating. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,

The Unlikely Parents Production Team.

With one large intake of oxygen, Leona does one thing: scream Marissa's name at the top of her lungs.

The crew moved effortlessly between their stations, setting up the cameras, choosing the best lighting, and making use of the right angles

The crew moved effortlessly between their stations, setting up the cameras, choosing the best lighting, and making use of the right angles. They went around the setting in haste but no sense of chaotic mess anywhere around. It's what Leona saw the second she stepped foot in the set. The crew had a pace set for themselves, and the participant watched in awe.

But at the same time, she's torn between staying for the show or leaving the scene together.

In the heat of the moment, after reading the said email, Leona runs downstairs, banging on her father's room.

She hadn't wanted to come here, to take care of a child with a complete stranger, but her father's company had agreed to a sponsorship deal with the show and he had insisted that she participate. Hell, her father even drove her here personally.

She's nowhere near as passionate as the staff around her radiated, but deep inside, she's silently battling the feeling of uneasiness because she doesn't know who'll she be paired up with in the first place.

A woman? She can handle that. Someone understandable and easy to get along with, please. But if it's a guy? Dear Lord. But then again... It's a reality show focused on parenthood right? Then it'll be a man for sure, oh fuck me.

"Kim Leona? Kim– Where's Kim Leona??"
As soon as she heard her name, she was greeted by the show's host, who immediately began explaining what would happen over the next month. Leona and the other cast member would all live under the same roof, taking care of a child together with someone completely different from them. In the following weeks, they would complete a series of challenges and compete to see who was the best parent.

Leona listened intently as the host explained the setup and rules of the show. For now, however, she'll have to be recorded introducing herself for the show.

Cameras are rolling
In three...
Two...
One...!

Unlikely ParentsA gentle reminder: While discussing characters and their actions in a story, it's important to separate the character and the person and recognize that the character's actions do not necessarily reflect the artist's personal belief...

Unlikely Parents
A gentle reminder:
While discussing characters and their actions in a story, it's important to separate the character and the person and recognize that the character's actions do not necessarily reflect the artist's personal beliefs or values. That is all, thank you!