I opened the door and got into the passenger seat "This will be your first and last time just popping up on me. I always need at least an hour's notice before just meeting up with people" I put my seat belt on and turned towards him.

"Chill out, you look good. You smell good and you in the presence of a real nigga so why you complaining?" He pulled off heading to the location he never mentioned to me. Letting the  songs play throughout the car taking over the silence between the two of us.

I seen that we pulled into a secluded parking lot near the lot. At the very edge of the parking lot you could get a full glimpse of Lake Michigan and the various lights that shined on it from Navy Pier. I looked over at him "Is this your like safe spot?" I missed my safe spot It was in the Bronx. I haven't been to that spot in a few years. 

He nodded and put the car in park before reaching in the seat behind me. Now being where I'm from I was always aware of sudden movements so I moved closer to the window just in case I needed to hop out of this car.

He turned back around pulling out a pound of weed in a clear plastic bag. I kind of relieved myself a little and moved back to the middle of the seat.

He finally turned down the music and started rolling up. "So you never got to finish telling me about yourself"

I shrugged "I did my name is Justice and I'm from the Bronx"

He looked up at me for a brief second before looking back down as he continued to roll up. "I'm serious tell me all about your rich ass life"

I exhaled and took off my seat belt so I could get comfortable. Looking straight ahead. "Aight so boom, Before my dad was famous he worked two jobs and supported my mom who was in school at the time. We lived in the Bronx up until I was about sixteen. I knew Dessi since I was as young as I could remember, since our mom's were close friends. They both had immigrant parents and lived in the same projects"

"Is that your only friend? You never mentioned anybody else before" He dusted off his lap and put the bag in the backseat before giving me his entire attention.

I shook my head "No. Our friend group consisted of four of us originally. Myself of course, Dessire, Jay and Nell. We all grew up together and went to the same school but then Jay and Nell started to get into street shit. Finding a way to make extra money all of that you know? But one night after a party Nell was killed. It happened right in front of us which was traumatizing for everybody. I feel like that's where everything started to change in our lives and we started to separate. My dad got super strict about where I was going and who I was with. Jay continued to be in the streets heavy and Dessi turned her attention to other things in life however me and her continued to stay close" I didn't want to tell too much of her business.

"A year later my dad was finally in touch with a record company who valued his writing and producing skills and he was soon signed. After that our lives completely changed. Moved out of the Bronx and into the Hamptons it was weird as hell and I felt like the girls there were completely judging me and shit but whatever. So.. Now I'm here pretty much forced into the Medical program and yeah that's the quickest way to sum up everything"

"Damn that's fucked up, I'm sorry about your friend" I felt like his eyes were staring into my soul.

I looked down at my hands "Yeah the world is a fucked up place. I feel like the craziest thing is his killer was someone he was cool with"

"Backdoor shit. Gotta watch who you call yo homie" he shook his head and lit the wood in his hand. Taking a few hits from it before passing it to me.

I politely declined "I'm more of a hookah and sometimes a vape girl" I smiled "But now it's your turn tell me about yourself things I haven't heard before" I kicked off my slides and crossed my legs in the seat.