06

06

The flames that burned so brightly, they turned to ash and smoke,

And all that's left behind is the pain of our love's revoke,

I'm standing on the edge, where memories collide,

With every crimson sunset, I'm reminded of the times.

--------

"She liked your Instagram post!" Livvy exclaimed. "That means she must have read the comments from the people identifying who you are and then gone on Instagram to search your name! She didn't follow you, though, which is disappointing, but she doesn't follow anyone. See?"

Livvy held out her phone so Alexia could see Taylor Swift's Instagram profile, which still remained on 0 following.

Alexia shook her head, "We don't even know that she manages her social media accounts, Liv. Many celebrities don't."

"Really?" Livvy asked.

"Yeah. The internet sucks, Livvy. Humans suck. Why would celebrities want to pollute their lives with all the negatives that the internet brings?"

"I think you mean men suck," Livvy muttered.

Alexia shrugged, though her lips curved upward into a slight smile. She's not wrong, but that oversimplifies things.

After a moment of silence, Alexia shook her head and sighed, "How's Tyler?"

"Same as he was yesterday," Livvy retorted hotly before shaking her head a moment later. "Honestly, I haven't responded to him. He texted me, but I don't know what to say."

"Why? What'd he message you?"

Wordlessly, Livvy held out her phone to her sister, and Alexia's eyes narrowed as she read the message.

Hey. I just wanted to say that you're the best, Livvy. I hope you realize that. If you don't, I want to help you realize that.

"That's...shockingly wholesome and kind," Alexia stated after taking a long moment to reread the text. "When did Tyler become so eloquent?"

Her skepticism must have been apparent because Livvy smiled half-heartedly and stated, "You've rarely ever even seen him, let alone spoken to him. He's always been very well-spoken. He was top of the class last year."

Once more, Alexia failed to hide her surprise fully. She paused again, collecting her thoughts before asking, "And how did this message make you feel?"

"Well, I already know I'm awesome," Livvy responded immediately, eliciting a short laugh from Alexia. "I don't know how I feel about the second part."

"What, that he wants to help you realize you're the best? What about that don't you like?"

"I don't know!" Livvy complained. "I don't know how I feel about him or why that message doesn't please me."

"It doesn't please you?"

"Okay, that wasn't worded well. It doesn't really resonate with me."

"Well, that was shockingly deep for a girl of fourteen."

"Hey," Livvy retorted, slapping her sister's arm lightly.

Alexia laughed, "In all seriousness, I don't think I can help you with this. Each person goes through different things and has varying learning experiences. You're no different." She paused momentarily, reaching out to take her sister's hands into her own. "I want you to be happy. If Tyler makes you happy, stay with him. If he doesn't, don't."