Two

Chris Sturniolo

The pressure of game day can be described as the same pressure you feel after drinking too much and having that sudden pressure to pee. It's indescribable until you've lived it.

I never thought it would get to this point.

Coming from a private school, I was privileged in high school to be the best quarterback, so when I received the offer from Boston University, I wasn't surprised. I thought college was it for me and football.

That was until our couch told me five minutes before we huddled, that scouts were here to see me play. And that's when I knew I needed to have the best game of my life.

The game was tied. The other team as far as I'm concerned can get lost. My helmet was pulled off more times for no good reason and the referee has yet to call anything against them.

The headset in my helmet goes off and our coach starts talking to me so we can finish the game as winners. "Guys a 3-4 defence formation. Get the ball. Break on three, ready? One, two, three, break"

Suddenly the opposing team's quarterback lost control of the ball. Harry snatched the ball and took it. Running down the left sideline, I chased him into the end zone.

The roar from the crowd told us that with a few seconds left on the clock we were going to win. Instead of kicking, we went for the extra two points.

"Set, hut!"

I launched myself over the dog pile and entered the zone.

The marching band blasts through the stadium and the crowd roars as we're running off the field to get into the locker room to shower. "Hey, there's our quarterback!" The guys cheered, pouring water over me.

"What are you idiots doing? Are you guys gonna pay someone for water damage? Hit the showers!"

"Yes, sir"

"And, Chris? Good game today, your future is bright"

"Thanks coach"

After a big win, it was party time. If you're a football player, women threw themselves at you without invitation. "You cool if the party is at the freshman house tonight?" Harry asked as we got dressed.

I shook my head. "No, dude. As long as I get a girl, you can have it in Korea for all I care"

"These hookups won't keep you happy for long. That's when you'll become a real man" Harry said.

"When you stop letting Kelly Griffin take your man card, let me know because I miss my wingman" I laughed and some of the guys stared mocking Harry for his girlfriend.

"She isn't my girlfriend and yeah, she's hot. You guys will know what it's like one day when you want someone to mess around with that is the same person"

"Sounds whipped to me" I said, opening the door of the locker room and headed to the lion statue where some families were waiting.

I hit something hard. Or someone.

"Ouch" I heard a female voice say.

I looked down and saw I hit into a small brunette with a jersey on.

With Josh's number on it.

Does Josh have a girlfriend?

Does Josh have a hot girlfriend?

"That's tough" I said, holding my hand out to her, but she ignored it and stood up.

"Maybe you should watch it when you're opening doors"

"Or maybe you shouldn't walk in front of a door that's being opened?"

She rolled her eyes. What was her problem?

"Blake! Get over here!" Two blondes yelled, what I guessed was her last name.

She looked back at me, nodded and then walked away.

"Dude, did you hit that hot girl with the door?" Nate asked.

"Whatever you hit sounded like a brick hit the door. You guys know her?"

I had no clue who that girl was. Was she hot? Yeah. But not my type. We all shook our heads and headed out.

Time to get drunk and drink to one of the best days of my career.