chapter one.

All Jeno wanted to do on a Friday night was to stay in his comfy room, play Valorant with his over-the-phone-friend, and eat his spicy buldok noodles. Yet here he was at some random dude's party with horrible music and cheap alcohol. His friends always complained that he was loser and never goes out.

Haechan was miraculously able to convince Jeno to come out tonight (with the bribe of doing his dishes for the week). However, his true motive was to have a DD so that he could drink as much as his liver could handle.

Before Jeno could even get a word in with Haechan, he already disappeared into the crowd searching for his latest situationship. Poor Jeno was left all alone to fend for himself–typical Haechan.

With no Haechan, Jeno sighs and walks around looking for a purpose to be there. He should have known better that Haechan would use him for his car but  getting out of doing dishes for a week meant more time to play games. Besides, Haechan always dumps more in the sink whenever he does them. 

For a while he played a round of beer pong with Hyunjin and took a few shots with some seniors. The EDM music was blasting throughout the house and was beginning to give him a migraine, oh how he wishes he was in the comfort of his gaming chair by now.

Jeno scans the room for an open spot to take a breather but the cramped basement was overfilling with a ridiculous amount of people of who knows what their doing. Finally he found a chair that wasn't occupied by unconscious people or couples sucking each other's faces off. 

*ding*

Hearing the Discord notification ring he takes his phone out of pocket and checks it.

siirenn : wanna play valo?

hotsauceu: i wish but my friends dragged me out tonight

siirenn: yikes

siirenn: well gl with that LOL

hotsauceu: help me out PLS

siirenn: sorry i gotta rank up 😀

hotsauceu: ;((

He met siirenn on a mutual Discord server for gamers. She actually hit him up with a dm asking if he wanted to play Valorant together. They played a few rounds and have been gaming buds since. When they got into the game Jeno found out that she was a girl. Of course he kinda figured she was based off of her Discord name and profile picture of Naminé from Kingdom Hearts. Jeno doesn't judge, he likes playing games and it didn't matter with who. As long as they weren't annoying iPad kids, he didn't care.

The first time they played one on one was when they played Phasmophobia.

H-hey...

Hi...

Gosh this is so awkward haha, um what should I call you?

Oh haha you can just call me Yoon.

Okay, well I'm Jeno. I think going by hot sauce is a little weird haha...

Sure...

...

Ermnice to meet you officially haha...let's catch some ghosts, this is getting awkward.

At first the game was quite uncomfortable until they started looking for ghosts. Jeno only played this game a few times with Jaemin so he wasn't too familiar with it. But to be completely honest he was a total noob, having Jaemin hard carry their games.

They decided on choosing the small house location since both of them had little experience playing. Everything was running somewhat smoothly until Blue decided to pull a prank on Jeno by locking him in the room as a joke.