After all, when the auction progresses to the end, many guests who really like collecting design items tend to empty their “budget” early, and they will have to sit for another two hours. How can they have the patience to bid for work that is “less than expected”?

“Don’t you hope that your design and our studio can gain popularity and fame in this auction?”

Yuan Rui quietly placed hope, “I even listened to my mother this morning and went to the temple in another city to pray.”

Shi Yunnan couldn’t help but chuckle when he heard the second half of the sentence. He glanced at him and teased, “You still believe in these?”

“Well, it’s always good to pray to God.” Yuan Rui was a little embarrassed and changed the subject, “Anyway, I hope your design will become a hit! wouldn‘t that be good for our studios?”

Shi Yunnan asked again, “What about the other X design work?”

“Enemies are bound to meet on narrow roads!” Yuan Rui subconsciously gnashed his teeth and reported a familiar name, “Lingyu Jade Design.”

Although Lingyu Design was an established company in the jade design industry, they had never participated in charity auctions before.

For some reason, they also participated in the offline screening with their design work this time and were selected for ‘X Design’ at the same time.

Compared with other design exhibits that have been printed in the auction brochure, the two exhibits selected for “X Designs” formed a silent competition—

Who was more popular with the wealthy guests? Whose work will fetch a higher price at auction?

If there’s a comparison, there will be winners and losers. If there are winners and losers, criticism and contempt are unavoidable.

What’s more, Lingyu and Yuan had peer competition and feuds before this.

Shi Yunnan asked, “Their design is still unknown, right?”

“Yes, it’s all confidential.” Yuan Rui replied, “I handed in our work this afternoon, and I specially hired a person to guard it, so nothing could go wrong.”

Once bitten, twice shy.

Yuan Rui was afraid that the situation with Xie Keyue would happen again, so he took extra care to protect their own design, and even the money to hire the specially-assigned guard was all from his own pocket.

Shi Yunnan smiled and said nothing.

In less than a month, Yuan Rui had become “mature and stable” in all aspects, although the baby fat on his hadn’t completely cleared up.

The two took a few steps forward, and Yuan Rui suddenly stopped in his tracks with a grim expression. Shi Yunnan followed his gaze and saw three figures—two men and one woman.

One of the young men was Yang Sen, the designer who had been dug out of their studio and jumped to Lingyu.

Standing in the middle of the three was a man of about twenty-seven or twenty-eight years old, wearing a dark golden three-piece suit. His pair of narrow phoenix eyes were staring at the surrounding environment, and his thin lips adorned a faint smile, which gave people a kind of indescribable calculation.