So cute.

Tristan laughed and mouthed something to you. "I think she likes you."

"Well I know I already like her." You mouthed back.

He looked at a grandfather clock behind you. "Alright Avery I have to go."

"Okay..." she let go of him, but he grabbed her hand again and walked to the entrance with her. You followed them.

He opened the door and actually let go of her hand. He stepped out, walking backwards and surprisingly not falling.

"I'll see you in three hours Avery. Please don't give her a headache okay?"

"That's rich coming from you." You said.

He looked up at you. "Funny."

You looked him up and down and crossed your arms. "Funny looking." You said with a grin.

"I think you mean good looking." He said with a scoff.

Before you could reply with a snarky comment, you felt Avery tug at you. You looked down at her.

"Are you boyfriend and girlfriend?" She asked bluntly.

"Maybe."

"No!"

You both simultaneously said.

The two of you stared at eachother.

Tristan had his usual sh-t eating grin, and you had your eyes wide open with your mouth slightly agape.

"Maybe?! What do you mean maybe?!" You said.

"What? I'm just saying I'm open to possibilities." He shrugged and then tucked some hair behind your ear. "I'll see you two later. Bye." He said and smiled right before leaving and closing the door.

You remained frozen, your face red.

"Y/N?" The little girl said, worried.

You blinked a few times and then shook your head. "Sorry." You cleared your throat. "So what do you want to do?" You crouched down to her height.

"Cake." She said. Clearly she was still a bit shy. Which was normal.

"You want to bake a cake?" You asked.

She nodded her head.

"Okay let's go to the kitchen. Do you want me to pick you up?"

She shook her head left and right.

"No? Okay big girl." You chuckled. "That's perfect actually because I can't remember where the kitchen is. Can you lead me to it?" You asked her, faking the forgetfulness.

Her eyes sparkled a bit at the thought of doing something helpful and important. And maybe also because you called her a big girl.

She made her way to the kitchen as you followed.

"Okay what flavour do you want? We can make chocolate, strawberry, vanilla—"