The two Lieutenants and their Captain shared one quick look before rushing off, helping Ana along when she needed it.

"Shay! Call out!" Kelly yelled.

"Dawson? Shay?" The blond radioed.

The brunette suddenly stopped and leaned against a nearby wall, letting out another series of coughs. The Squad Lieutenant merely wrapped a sturdy arm around her and guided her forwards, knowing he couldn't help her until they located the two missing paramedics.

"Dawson? Shay?" He called as they rounded a corner, freezing at the sight in front of them.

Gabby was performing CPR on an unconscious Leslie.

"Come on, Shay. Come on." The PIC sniffled.

"Go, go." Ana wheezed out, using a nearby staircase banister to support herself.

"SHAY!" Kelly yelled, not needing to be told a third time as he raced over and kneeled down by her head to check for a pulse.

Unfortunately, there wasn't one to be found.

"One, two, three, four." Gabby counted under breath.

"Shay! Shay!" The Lieutenant cried to no avail.

"Blow to the head. Compressions. Switch on three with me." The PIC instructed. "Ready? One, two, three."

Kelly was quick to take over as Gabby moved to breathe for her unconscious partner.

"Sh- Sh- Shay." Ana whimpered, knuckles turning white as her worry for her friend caused her chest to constrict even more.

It was then that the other woman took notice of the Captain's condition and quickly reached into her pocket.

"Here." Gabby handed the brunette a blue inhaler which she gladly took and used immediately.

"Come on, Shay. Come on, Shay!" Kelly growled as the PIC returned to breathing for the injured woman. "Come on, Shay!" Matt had caught up at this point and quickly surveyed the situation. "No, no, no. No. No. No. No."

"Let's get her to the ambulance." The Truck Lieutenant attempted to place a hand on her shoulder only for her to violently shrug it off. "Gab-"

"Let go of me!" She snarled, pushing him away when he tried again.

"Gabby!" He yelled, sighing in relief when a few other firefighters came to help.

"Hang on! Hold on!" Kelly pleaded. "Shay."

"Gabby." Matt yelled, only to be pushed away again.

"No! Shay!" The Squad Lieutenant cried as the members of Truck 81 practically pulled Leslie's body out from under his hands. "Shay!"

Ana crawled over to her husband as the blonde was carried away and the man had just enough time to remove his helmet before he found himself in a tight embrace. As he buried his face into her shoulder, he couldn't help but think back to the very first time he ever met his best friend.

Kelly had been sitting in his chair at the Squad Table, talking to the guys and being completely oblivious to the two women making their way over.

". . .I don't know. It was just a thing. End of story: Manfredi ended up moving out, and we need a new roommate. Hopefully by, you know, before next month's rent's due." The Lieutenant explained, looking over as Gabby came into view with a blonde he had never met before.

"I've been looking for a roommate." She smiled, causing a wave of laughter from the guys. "I'm serious. I just went through a breakup thing, and we could barely afford the place, so, I don't know. . ."