Chapter 34: Don't Drink the Water

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"One ticket please." Max requested.

"Sorry. This booth is out of order." The owner said.

"If so, then you should've already pack up, sir. Not spacing out." Y/n pointed out.

After a little convincing, Max paid the owner and proceed to climb up the dunk tank. The owner gave the kids four balls to throw each.

"Just one toss each." The owner instructed.

The kids stepped up for a throw. Ben started first but missed. Gwen came after but missed too. Next is Y/n but missed as well. Finally, it's Ciel's turn and she hit the target, dropping Max into the water.

The kids cheered out their compliments on Ciel while the owner is freaking out for unknown reason. Max then emerged from the water and climbed up the tank.

"How was the water, grandpa?" Gwen teased.

"Well, it could be a little warmer on these old joints of mine." Max shivered by the cold water.

Y/n tensed up all of the sudden before screams of terror from the crowds caught his and the team's attention. They looked to the source and found Hex terrorizing people while floating toward them.

"Wow, he looks older than the one you drew." Ciel commented.

"Probable because I snapped his magic twig of destiny." Y/n recalled.

Hex casted a spell toward the ground and rocks like boulder erupted. It launched Ben and Gwen away, while Y/n managed to escape while carrying Ciel in his arms.

The owner of the booth sprinted away but Hex managed to catch him. He yelled at the man, demanding for a location. Ciel blasted Hex away from the owner with her mana, launching him away to a nearby stall.

"Haven't you ever heard the word 'please'?" Ciel remarked.

Hex recovered himself from the crash. He glared at the girl but soon soften the moment he sensed a tremendous power from her.

"Who... who in the right mind... summoned you to this world?!" Hex panicked.

"Someone who is much weaker yet crazier than you." Ciel channeled up her mana around her hand.

Hex learned the existence of a Spirit, and he knew he has no chance against her in term of magic power. However, he has more experience. He spotted a coaster and sent its car toward her.

Before it could even hit her, Y/n pushed Ciel away. The car hit the dunk tank, and the water spilled out and soaked both him and Max in the process.

Ciel chanted a spell and created gusts of wind on both of her sides. She moved both of her arms forward, and the gusts flew toward Hex. Seeing how powerful the gusts are, Hex snapped his fingers and vanished in a large red fog.

When the smoke cleared up, the team regrouped found a shocking discovery. Max has turned into 10 year old while Y/n turned into 4 and a half. The two woke up with a groan before noticing their changes.

"Max?" Y/n echoed.

"Y/n?" Max replied. "You're a... toddler?"

The two noticed a change of their voices. Max pulled out his Plumber device and mirrored himself being young at its screen layer.

"I'm a kid again!" Max cheered in excitement.

"Then that means..!" Y/n rushed to Max and snatched the device.

He looked himself being a toddler at the screen layer before screaming in panic. He ran around in circle till he accidentally hit a nearby post lamp and fell unconscious.