Chapter 2 - Phase 1: Infultration

Isaiah was quiet for the first part of my tour before he opens a door and says, "this is Kane's room."

I stepped in a looked around. It was surprisingly cleaner then expected. Kane is 19, a year older then me. And seeing how he's used to having a maid, I expected teenage boy explosion. But the room was actually pretty clean. Kane was sitting at his desk, screwing the wheels back on his newly painted skateboard. He looked at his brother in irritation since he didn't knock. However when his gaze turned to me he quickly change his expression to a sly smile, then he says, "I see you've meet Violet."

I nodded and said, "he's showing me around and then I'm leaving."

He nods and studies me before he asks, "what are you going to call me? My last maid was an older woman who called me sir and Mister Harrison. But you've what? A year young then me? So what are you going to call me?"

"What? Does you name not suffice?"

He chuckled and said, "I like her. It'll be fun having a young maid."

Then Isaiah, lightly grabbed the back of my shirt pulling me out of Kane's room before he says, "Remember she's your maid Kane. Not one of your wh-"

"Vocab, Isaiah." Kane says, glancing at me as if I haven't heard cuss words before

Then Isaiah says, 'fine- one of your lap pets. Better?"

Kane chuckled and said, "goodbye..."

Then Isaiah shut the door and sighs saying, "you're going to have to fight hard for his respect. Most of the women he knows only like him for one thing."

Then he opened another door and this time I was met by a new face. This must be Carlyle.

He sent us a dismissive curious look, he seemed to be cleaning something, but by the bullet cartridges on the desk and how quickly he tucked his hand behind his back when he saw me, I had a pretty good idea of what it was.

Then Isaiah says, "Violet this is Carlyle, Carlyle this is Violet. Kane and I's new maid."

Carlyle didn't nod. Didn't speak. Nothing. His eyes were glued on me. At first I feared the worst of what he could be staring at. However, I found instead he was looking at my hair. So I pulled it over my shoulder and said, "you like it? I just got it dyed recently."

"I've heard dying your hair isn't good for it. What color is your naturally hair?"

I gestured to my eyebrows and said, "Strawberry blonde."

Again, no nod, no words. Just staring.

This time, as Isaiah got a little more brazen, he put his hand on my waist and got a moment I could tell he was trying to judge how far it pinched in before I stepped away from him and turned walking out. I wanted to be rude. I wanted to snap at him, tell him I could walk by myself. Tell him not to touch me, that I'm not his pet. But alas, he's the son of my soon to be bosses. So I have to keep my mouth shut. Then I heard Carlyle say, "why do you like her?"

But Isaiah just says, "I don't."

Then he shut his brother's door and sighed saying, "Carlyle's a little weird. He's not big on words."

I nodded and looked at the photos on the wall. They were fascinating. There wasn't a single picture with four sons in it. There were a couple of a young version of the three I just met and a pregnant Juliana. Those looked like baby shower or pregnancy photos. But it was almost like the fourth son had been photoshopped out of the others. Isaiah noticed me studying the photos and says, "are you looking for something?"

"No. No. I was just interested in the photos."

I stopped and decided to push my luck a little by saying, "You and your brothers were cute kids."