Nathan knew there was nothing he could do to convince him to not doing it, so before the doors closed, he stepped out of the elevator as well.

He quickly pushed his father back, causing him to step back as the doors closed behind them, hearing Sam and Tara's screams calling out to them.

The reason he pushed him was to give him no chance to force him into the elevator.

Could he have gotten Dewey into the elevator and everyone got the hell out of there? No. He didn't have enough strength to struggle, so he opted for that option.

"Nathan! What are you doing!?" He asked angrily when he saw that the elevator had already left.

"You're out of your mind if you thought I was going to leave you alone." He said without flinching in the least. "Besides, you're just going to shoot them. There's no danger in that."

"And your wounds?" He asked pointing to the small blood stains on his robe.

"They're the old ones. They've opened up a bit. It's nothing serious." He responded with a shrug, downplaying the matter.

Dewey couldn't help but feel a lump form in his throat due to the situation he was in.

Again he was having doubts about his son. Doubts that he did not like at all.

Yes, just a few minutes ago he saw him in front of two Ghostfaces, but that didn't mean it couldn't all be part of a plan to make him look innocent.

Nathan said that he would accompany him so as not to leave him alone. But what if what he really planned was to stop him from killing his partner?

He didn't want to believe that he would have to face his son. And if he did, he knew he wouldn't be able to kill him. He couldn't even think about doing it.

He could only hope that he was wrong.

"Okay. Stay behind me." He ordered before he start walking towards the unconscious Ghostface.

Many would say that it was stupid to turn his back on someone he suspected might be a murderer, but his father's instincts prevailed over his reasoning.

As they got closer, he opened the chamber of his gun and let the bullets fall out so he could load new ones.

Once they were in front of Ghostface, he pointed his gun at them and prepared to shoot.

Before he did, the younger Riley heard as if someone had stepped on a piece of glass behind him.

When he turned around, he found that the other Ghostface had returned.

Finding themself discovered, the masked raised their knife above its head with both hands and tried to finish off Nathan, who held their wrists to prevent them from doing so.

Dewey turned when he heard the scuffling behind him, though this was a big mistake.

The Ghostface that seemed to be dead, took advantage of his distraction and buried a knife in his stomach.

Dewey groaned in pain as the knife cut into his flesh, accidentally dropping his gun.

The assassin got up and quickly plunged another knife into his body, only this time it was into his back.

Nathan looked over his shoulder at his father when he heard his groan, and felt the breath leave his lungs at what he saw.

He couldn't, or rather didn't want to believe what his eyes were seeing.

He felt as if something woke up inside him. Something he had never felt. A hatred that knew no bounds. The desire to kill another human being.

He kicked the legs of the Ghostface with which he was struggling to make them fall.