"Trust me, I know that. I'm going to be there soon. You need to be somewhere right now?"

"We wanted to go to the mall and eat before the concert later. I want to be at Zara when it first opens because I know it's going to be crazy with the ongoing sale."

"Wait for me. I'm almost there."

"I'm hungry too."

"I'm not playing with you Nic Nic. I'll get you whatever you want."

"I guess." I pouted.

"I'll see you in a minute. I love you."

"I love you too. Bye."

I dropped my phone onto the pillow and rubbed the back of my neck. It feels so stiff and I'm not sure why. I slept well and was not on top of anything that would hurt my neck. While I rotated my neck, my phone started ringing. I grabbed it and answered the call without keeping the caller ID, thinking it was Dewayne calling me.

"Hello?"

"Is that my beautiful Nicole?" I immediately recognized the voice. It was Kyle's mother.

"Yes, it is. How are you?"

"I'm doing pretty well. You?"

"I'm fine. What's going on?"

"I just wanted to call you and apologize."

"Apologize? You haven't offended me."

"I did. I should have believed you when you said Shirley was lying. She told me the truth about everything."

"Really? I can't believe it." I pretended to sound shocked.

"I just can't believe I fell for her lies. I should have known my son was better than that. He was a real, honest man and wouldn't have stooped so low to have a child with her."

"I think there was a part of you that really wanted it to be true because it would mean that you still had a living piece of him."

"I think you're right. But I now realize that with or without a grandchild, his spirit still lives on and that's all I need. So, I told Shirley to leave me the h*ll alone, or else I would have her arrested. I mean, if she could lie about something so serious, she could do anything"

"I wonder what made her confess." I smirked.

"Probably a guilty conscience."

"That's true. Let's forget that devil in disguise, how are you and Dewayne?"

"We're good. I'm not a fan of us being apart with both of us being on the road, but we're making it work. I'm going to see him today and we're going to see your crush love tonight."

"Not my Usher."

"Yes ma'am. The one and only."

"Ooouuu, I'm going to see him in October and when he comes into the VIP section, I'm going to do more than just dance with him, I'm going to make him fall in love with me. I'm going to be sexy as h*ll."