His head was in his cellphone while a girl was leaning against his shoulder, trailing her hand down his hair. Occasionally, he'd frown a bit, like when she touched his face or fiddled with the collar of his shirt like a dog in heat. And Amelia was standing next to Kanan, but her eyes were on Khalil and the girl he was with.

"Didn't think you'd come, though. Haven't seen you in so long." Uttered the dark-skinned guy wearing black shirt and trousers but I didn't know who he was aiming at. All the boys were dressed in black, except Khalil, who had on a white dress shirt and bow tie, his jacket missing, unlike the other two brothers.

"What? Thought I'd be locked away in my room overdosing on PTSD pills?" A blonde-haired girl in a pink short dress said, "Don't dream about it."

Amelia looked down from her, hugging herself.

"Jada, come on. Let's not fight." Kanan smiled. "I just want us all to live in peace for once. Get along."

"Get along? I'll tie a rope around my neck and jump from a chair before I get along with you demons. You boys are a bunch of psychos!"

Khalil's eyes slid off his phone. The girl next to him straightened in her stance, the statement no doubt intriguing her. And it intrigued me as well. What did they do?

"What does she mean by this?" Khalil's girl acquaintance asked, and he sighed and swung his face towards her.

"You know Jacob Whitaker?"

She nodded and said: "Yeah, I-I've heard of his death."

Of course she did. It stank at Sade Rose.

"He was her brother. She thinks we were the ones who did something to him."

Jada scoffed and crossed her arms against her chest, but her back was to me so I couldn't tell what her expression was like. "I can't believe this. I don't think you guys did something to him. I know you guys did something to him. You're fucking monsters! You all are!"

Amelia kept her head down in the dark, cradling herself as though she was cold. She didn't seem to be okay. And Khalil glanced over at her before he said through gritted teeth:

"Could you go somewhere else with your emotional breakdown? You're affecting people."

Kanan sighed and sat upright on the hammock he was swinging on. "Jada," He brushed his hands enthusiastically. "Let's play a game."

"Play with yourself, you narcissistic, psychopathic, asshole! You're all going to hell! Fucking hell! YOU'RE GOING TO BURN IN HELL FOR WHAT YOU DID TO MY BROTHER!"

Khalil closed his eyes. "Go away."

Amelia turned into the shadows where I couldn't see her face anymore, and Khalil's female acquaintance had looked terrified as she peered among the brothers as though she were standing with aliens.

"You're all going to pay! You're all going to pay for what you did to him!"

"Lily...can you go get me some wine?" Khalil looked at the girl next to him, and she stood there hesitantly. It was either the story scared her or she just didn't want to miss the drama. Either way, she didn't want to move. This undoubtedly pissed Khalil off. "Lily."

"Yeah, I-I'll go get it..." She walked off, and Kanan sighed.

"Jada..." He opened his arms wide, "Come here..."

"You'll get what's coming one day!" She yelled. "I am sure of it! I'll be there to witness it and I'll laugh!" Her voice was raw and scratchy, like someone who hadn't talked in days. "Fucking hell, I'll laugh so bloody much! Just watch!"