~Chapter 4: The ocean~

Hikari ran down the rocks, trying her best not to spill Ponyo.
"Hikariiii!" Zero yelled from above.
Hikari squeezed through two large boulders, the sea skaters making a buzzing noise as they all ran from the girl.
"HIKARIII!"
The girl found a flat surface of land right beside the sea and under a rock, the girl sat down there; holding Ponyo close to her.
"HIKARI! Come back here, and apologize to Toki!" Zero yelled, searching for the girl.
Hikari watched silently as Zero rushed away, nearby a boat sailing past.
"Don't worry Ponyo, I'll protect you," Hikari turned to Ponyo.
Ponyo stared up at Hikari.
"Hikari!" The fish spoke.
Hikari stared at Ponyo, stunned.
"Hikari!" She repeated.
Hikari's eyes widdened, filling with stars of fascination.
"Ponyo!" Ponyo yelled her own name, Hikari nodded.

"Ponyo. Hikari," Hikari pointed at the person when saying the name.
"Ponyo...loves... Hikari!" The goldfish jumped around in the water.
"I love you too!" Hikari beamed.
"Ponyo loves Hikari!"
The girl snickered, watching as Ponyo happily splashed. From the surface of the water, Fujimoto appeared; the bubble protecting his head bursting, his eyebrows furrowing. He held out his hand, the water on his palm trembled; morphing into fish that resembled the waves. They were the waves. They neared the two, under the rock, surrounding them and crashing down on top of them; creating an almost swirling vortex. Hikari let go of the bucket, slipping consciousness. The waves dragged them back; Fujimoto held Ponyo in a bubble in one hand and Hikari, passed out, over his shoulder. He swished his hand to the waves, Zero only just catching a glimpse of him, not noticing Hikari and Ponyo, disappearing under the water.

The entity ran down the steps to the stones, yelling desperately for Hikari. His eyes widdened seeing the green pail, strewn across the floor. She couldn't have been taken by him? That was impossible. Zero ran into the ocean, trying to look to see if she'd fallen in somehow. There was nothing. No traces.
"HIKARI-!?" he yelled, the waves splashing over him.
She had to have just ran away. It was normal. Zero was just overreacting, at least he hoped he was.
Fujimoto stood in his ship, steering it. Ponyo in a bubble, desperately trying to escape; whereas Hikari rested on his other arm, undisturbed.

Sebastian drove Zero home, the demon occasionally glancing at Zero nervously as the entity stared out emotionlessly

"Listen, Zero. Hikari does this all the time, she wouldn't have drowned. She's just gone off somewhere, if she's not back by tomorrow I'll search for her. But she always comes home, okay?"
Zero didn't respond, he just stared out at the sea miserably; holding on the green pail. Sebastian sighed, reaching the house and parking; getting out with a few bags of shopping. Zero slowly got out too, instead of going through the front door he went around, to the picket fence; ontop of the hill where it had all began. He peered down the gate, staring at the sea as it lapped gently at the rocks. The sliding window opened, Sebastian stuck his head out.
"Zero. Time to come in, I have dinner prepared."
"Do you think if I leave the bucket out, she'll come back?" Zero asked.
Sebastian smiled softly," There's only one way to find out."
Zero gently placed the bucket on the gate, turning to enter.

The two sat in Hikari's room at night, Zero staring out to sea with binoculars looking for Claude's ship and Sebastian sprawled across Hikari's bed, hugging a pillow

The two sat in Hikari's room at night, Zero staring out to sea with binoculars looking for Claude's ship and Sebastian sprawled across Hikari's bed, hugging a pillow. A ship appeared in the distance, stamping flashes of Morse code light.
"There he is!" Zero gasped," Turn off the lights Sebastian!"
Sebastian didn't respond, shutting his eyes in a strop. Zero sighed, running past him and turning off the lights and rushing back. Zero stamped back a response in morse code.
"It's Zero," Claude smiled, the driver raising an eyebrow," He's a genius, only just learnt morse code."
"Your brother must be upset..." The driver yawned.
Claude responded with 'Sorry'. Zero sounded it out before turning to Sebastian.
"Sebastian, he says he's sorry!"
"I-d-i-o-t." Sebastian sounded out.
Zero types it in.
"A.A.A.A.A.A.A!" Sebastian yelled.
Claude responded 'I'm sorry brother, I love you'.
"Sebastian! He says he loves you! Lots and lots!" Zero called back.

Sebastian sat up with a huff, tossing the pillow aside, rushing to the light and pushing Zero aside before stamping in. "IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT." Claude responded by flashing all the ship lights, the ship and ocean lighting up gorgeously.
"WOAHHHH! That's cool!" Zero gasped.
Sebastian scoffed, storming off, pissed. Zero returned to the light, stamping in "Safe travels". Claude responded, "Thank you. Good night". Zero watched the ship sail off, returning to the room. Sebastian layed sprawled on the bed, hiding his face; Zero turned on the lights and turned to the demon. Zero put his hand on Sebastian and stroked his hair.
"Don't cry, Sebastian. We promised Hikari we'd look after her."
Sebastian slowly looked up at Zero.
"I hope she isn't crying..."
A small smile grew on Sebastian's features, the demon quickly grabbing Zero and tackling him into a hug.
"Okay, let's cheer up!" He grinned," I'm happy as can beee!"
Zero groaned, being squeezed to death.
"I'm sure Hikari is fine too!" Sebastian smiled," She's my daughter, I'd know. Trust me. Now, let's eat. We'll eat Claude's dinner too!"