❝︎CHAPTER TEN❞︎

▌𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐞𝐧 ━︎━︎ 𝐖𝐢𝐳𝐚𝐫𝐝'𝐬 𝐂𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐬 ▌

━︎━︎━︎━︎𝐀𝐒 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐅𝐄𝐋𝐋, Juniper felt it was necessary to put her hair up, leaving out two strands to frame her face because if she was going down, she was going down in style. Well, as much style as an eleven-year-old can have. She and Hermione made it out of their room, Harry and Ron waiting for them. They all made their ways down the stairs, coming to a stop when they saw Neville's toad, Trevor, sitting there. "Trevor!" Harry sighed, looking at the toad.

     "Trevor, shh, go!" Ron tried. "You shouldn't be here."

     "Neither should you." Neville leaned forwards in the chair, revealing himself. He stood up as he looked at the group. "You're sneaking out again, aren't you?"

     "Us? Sneaking out? We would never." Juniper feigned innocence.

     Harry held out his hands. "Now, Neville, listen. We were―︎"

     "No!" Neville snapped, cutting him off. "I won't let you. You'll get Gryffindor into trouble again. I-I-I'll fight you." Neville held up his fists.

     Juniper smiled. "Aw, that's adorable." Juniper pulled out her wand, pointing it at the boy. "Petrifucus totalus." Juniper watched as the boy became frozen in his spot before falling over, unable to move. Juniper winced. "Sorry, buddy."

      Ron swallowed thickly, glancing at Juniper. "You're a little scary sometimes, you know that? Brilliant but scary."

     Juniper beamed at him. "Thanks, Ron. Now, I think we have a three headed dog to put to sleep." She turned on her heel and walked out the door, the other three following after her.

When Harry pulled out an invisibility cloak, Juniper had multiple questions. He hadn't told her about it, and quite frankly she was offended. Harry rolled his eyes at her and explained it was a Christmas gift. Juniper sighed and forgave him. Hermione smiled at the girls antics. Somehow Juniper could make light of a dark situation, that was something Hermione admired about her.

     As they made it to the locked door that held the dog inside, Hermione looked at Juniper. "Should you do it? Or should I?"

     "Take the honors," Juniper answered. "I did the last one."

     Hermione nodded before pulling out her wand and pointing at the lock. "Alohomora."

     "Let's do this." Juniper said, only to be disappointed when the giant dog was already asleep. In the corner there was a harp playing peaceful sounds. Juniper had to admit that it made even her a little sleepy. When the door closed behind them, Harry pulled the invisibility cloak off of them.

     "Wait a minute. . . he's snoring." Harry frowned.

     "I know why Hagrid named him Fluffy now." Juniper whispered. "He looks very fluffy. I want to pet him. Do you think he'll wake up if I try and pet him?"